What's your next Audax?

Discussion in 'Audax, Brevet and Randonnee' started by goody, 20 Jun 2016.

1. PpPete

PpPete Guru

It's weather like this that makes entries on the line rather useful.
    A few years ago I had an entry on the Dean, but the forecast was, if anything, worse than it was for tomorrow.
    As it turned out, only I think three people started, contrary to organiser's advice, and just one finished !
    Meanwhile I got an EOL on a more local 200km and although there was some sleet, I had a fine day out.

Last edited: 16 Mar 2018
  2. I'm a very bad audaxer. I DNS quite often. My eyes are bigger than my belly. Although that's generally not weather related. It's normally "what the hell was I thinking entering this?" related.
    That said, if I had entered any audaxes this weekend (which I haven't) I'd definitely be bottling out.

Heltor Chasca likes this.
  3. Ian H

Ian H Guru

I'm also down for the Mad March. I haven't yet decided not to.

4. YukonBoy

YukonBoy Veteran

Easter Arrow to York in a couple of weeks.

jiberjaber likes this.
  5. Haven't decided on travel yet, will probably drive due to the hassle of getting a bike from Stornoway to Edinburgh. I'm still doubtful about whether I'll be there on the day - my work situation is not good and is affecting me mentally. Still trying to get the miles in tho' so that I'll be ready if I decide yes.

Ajax Bay likes this.
  6. Pumpkin the robot

Pumpkin the robot Über Member

Chirk 200 next weekend. A nice, flat 200 to get me started this year.

7. Ajax Bay

Ajax Bay Veteran

Maybe see you at the start, Ian. Need to collect my brevet card!

8. I've submitted a 200km DIY GPS for tomorrow

9. jiberjaber

jiberjaber Senior Member

Did you make it?

10. Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca Out-Riding the Black Dog

Quite a few reports of the Easter Arrow being a tough one.

I submitted my very first DIY 200 on Easter Sunday. Hopefully I’ve done everything correctly. Gulp. Or that’ll be a waste of a 212km swim around Somerset.

jiberjaber likes this.
  11. jiberjaber

jiberjaber Senior Member

I think about 28 teams started, 3 Thursday night (of which we were one), leaving 25 Friday starts, I think I saw about 10 teams on Saturday morning at the 'spoons... quite a high attrition rate!

12. YukonBoy

YukonBoy Veteran

We made it, but a few hours late. Had to re book on to later trains. Too much wind and too much rain, and frigging cold.

Heltor Chasca and jiberjaber like this.
  13. ColinJ

ColinJ Hillfinder General

Spring Into The Dales (from Mytholmroyd, near Halifax to Wharfedale and back)... Come along with me if you fancy a steady, scenic hilly metric century-plus-a-bit. @busdennis said that he would be coming along with a non-CC pal. A non-CC pal or 2 of mine may join us too.

14. busdennis

busdennis Über Member

still planing to ride @ColinJ, what's the parking like at Mytholmroyd? last time i rode we started in Hebdon due to the floods

15. YukonBoy

YukonBoy Veteran

Everybody rides to Skeggy 300. The weather is getting better, yes?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice