What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Surprised at the number of riders who did not stop at the second cafe on the BP today. Chocolate cake at first control, baked potato and beans at second control, followed by ice cream at finish. Mix of heavy rain showers and warm sun. Settled on wet jersey in the end as too warm with gilet on. Good day out, nice relaxing outing.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
E&W Coasts 600 done, although I'm not sure I'm now available for the Yorkshire via Essex 600 this coming weekend due family issues.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
What's the plan from now until PBP?

Nothing more than 2-3 hour rides in moderately rolling terrain. Shorter harder efforts in between. Get some quality sleep time. Shed any fatigue.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Looks like mine is possibly Paris-Brest, assuming my ankle heals in time.
(Looking positive in that the foot was in the big rigid boot until yesterday)
IMG_20190727_192557862.jpg IMG_20190716_122126863.jpg

Nebulous

Guru
Nothing more than 2-3 hour rides in moderately rolling terrain. Shorter harder efforts in between. Get some quality sleep time. Shed any fatigue.

I've done some faster sessions recently, including a 15 mile TT last week. I'm also doing a pretty hard 52 miles once a week. I'm doing a fair bit of climbing, as I've woken up to how much there is on PBP. I probably need to reduce the mileage now, but I'm not finding it easy to do.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I've done some faster sessions recently, including a 15 mile TT last week. I'm also doing a pretty hard 52 miles once a week. I'm doing a fair bit of climbing, as I've woken up to how much there is on PBP. I probably need to reduce the mileage now, but I'm not finding it easy to do.

The climbing on PBP is gentle but fairly continuous other than the first and last. You certainly do not need low gearing.

Top Bottom