What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
@Cranky Knee Girl Five and half hours of rain up in Scotland over the weekend. Wore the jacket over a summer weight merino base layer and did not feel damp or cold at any point. Jacket dried quickly once rain stopped. Really liking the new jacket.
Mmm..that's where we're headed in June....! Thanks for the heads up. We didn't actually put our waterproofs on 3 days cycle camping touring Wye valley and borders at the weekend. We got lucky, a bit drizzly on Sunday. Record for us, Packing away a dryish tent is a novelty I can get used to, but probably won't :laugh:

Looks like no female version of the Ember :sad:

Last edited:

Fiona R

I had to bail at Howarth due to stomach problems: about 2 hours in I couldn't keep any food down. By Brimham Rocks I'd lost an hour but then lost another 2 hours in the next 40km on my schedule and was down to 5-6mph.

Trying to sleep and stopping for something stronger to drink didn't help so I took the option to turn for home.

Thanks for your support - it looks like this wasn't to be.
That's rotten, you sound philosophical. Having had my first stomach audax on Wells and Mells and a bit broader back in March, that was only 200. i sympathise.

Next time.

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Mmm..that's where we're headed in June....! Thanks for the heads up. We didn't actually put our waterproofs on 3 days cycle camping touring Wye valley and borders at the weekend. We got lucky, a bit drizzly on Sunday. Record for us, Packing away a dryish tent is a novelty I can get used to, but probably won't :laugh:

Looks like no female version of the Ember :sad:

Yeah you'll need to be slim for it to fit though it does have some stretch.

Fiona R

At least you are comfortable in your own skin which is a lot more than most can say. And that’s why you are a great mate.

But as you ask: Slim-Shady works well.

(Guess we aren’t mates anymore)
I'm not comprehending "Slim-Shady" Probably because I am doing all the alterations to Saturdays "Sam Weller's day trip to Wochma" route, which is my next audax :wacko: One control; has changed, and as I thought (after this last weekend's camping mini tour in same area), the road closure at Tintern is long term. I may need a "ring a mate" when I get very lost!

Guess that means you don't get out of being a "mate" that easily :laugh:

Last edited:

fossala

Guru
Finished my fixed SR yesterday, also my first SR. I couldn't be happier, the 12hr sleep last night probably helped.

Fiona R

Finished my fixed SR yesterday, also my first SR. I couldn't be happier, the 12hr sleep last night probably helped.
Very well done! I was gutted to not be able to stay at the arrivée for the bulk of the riders, I left around 5.45 in the end. Don't think I met you. Hope there was cake left.

Last edited:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Currently, my next one looks to be ACP's little offering, unless I see something I fancy in the meantime.

Fiona R

Yup, the one with the beard and dinner plates in my ears. Thanks for the coffee!
:laugh: I've never seen an audaxer with a beard before :laugh: My pleasure, it's quite fun having a day off at a control, only my second time (Paddington was first). Good to give something back as I take so much from others' efforts to organise my audax. I get so much out of it.

Top Bottom