What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
"If Ian does 11 more SRs he'll have done one half the years of his life, YMMV. "
If you count multiple SRs in a year, I've probably already exceeded that. I've never managed more than 4 a year, though.
If Ian does an SR in each of the next 11 years he'll have done an SR (at least) in half the years of his life. Otter, is it?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Tomorrow’s DIY submitted. Bit of sleet in morning but otherwise should be ok.

AlanW

Guru
Sunrise Audax this weekend. However with a developing cold and 25+ mile/h winds predicted, I'm very much having second thoughts.
Im on the Snowdrop and just getting over a nasty chest infection, and I'm not liking the look of the pending weather forecast either to be honest!

AlanW

Guru
Did you enjoy the water-splash at Eckington?
Shall we say it proved to be more challenging than we expected......

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Indeed:

IMG_20200229_120105904.jpg

AlanW

Guru
Note to self: the next time an Highways Agency man tells you the road is shut, listen to him!!
Its fair to say that it was certainly deeper and faster flowing by the bridge than any of us released!! A bit stupid of us really to be honest.

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
I route tested "No Time to Yat" yesterday, wonderful new Severn Bridge Randonneurs 100km being held on Sun 15th March. Glorious route up and down the Wye and surrounding hills, can highly recommend it, although you need your climbing legs after lunch! well worth signing up for.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Mad March completed over Exmoor and the Quantocks. Wet (raining more than half the time; glasses off type of rain), cold after the first 30 minutes till late lunchtime, breezy rather than windy, but a little warmer at the end. Pub controls pleased to see us. The route included a flooded road (the River Clyst) with 3km to go, at dusk. I had ridden through there at night when similarly flooded (and spent the next fortnight drying out the bike and servicing the hubs) so about-turned and went the (not very) long way round. Other rode through and some waded through (thigh deep) carrying their bikes. Today (Monday) would have been a brilliant day for the ride: sunny, light winds, flooding cleared (probably).

Top Bottom