What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I dont know what my summer will look like. So can't plan a goal.don't know where I'll be and what I'll be doing. And just don't feel very motivated.

One way to guarantee you won’t know what your summer will be like, is to be aimless. What you can do is prepare, so if the opportunity arises, you will be ready to seize it.

What do you want your summer to be like, cycling wise? Once you understand that you’ll know how to prepare.

I watched her before. She's okay. Doesn't really motivate me. She just doesn't have that sort of personality that makes me energised.
Oh well if you can’t energise yourself. I always think if you really enjoy something then you will enjoy doing it and motivation because easy. Maybe cycling isnt for you. Try loads of other hobbies and see which sparks you

One way to guarantee you won’t know what your summer will be like, is to be aimless. What you can do is prepare, so if the opportunity arises, you will be ready to seize it.

What do you want your summer to be like, cycling wise? Once you understand that you’ll know how to prepare.
I think it's unlikely I'll get the internship I applied for so mostly likely in a job or doing volunteering.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I think it's unlikely I'll get the internship I applied for so mostly likely in a job or doing volunteering.

Right and that’s fine. But do you want to be cycling regardless of internship or volunteering? If so, what kind of cycling would you like to do in the summer? What I’m getting at , is that you don’t need to pick a particular audax right now. But your goal might be to be able to ride a 100km audax come the summer. So you work on being ready for that. When you know what’s happening and where you’ll be based. Then you can see what audaxes are coming up.

Right and that’s fine. But do you want to be cycling regardless of internship or volunteering? If so, what kind of cycling would you like to do in the summer? What I’m getting at , is that you don’t need to pick a particular audax right now. But your goal might be to be able to ride a 100km audax come the summer. So you work on being ready for that. When you know what’s happening and where you’ll be based. Then you can see what audaxes are coming up.
Probably just commuting or the odd leisure ride. Right now got 5 pieces of coursework to do and it's still freezing.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I know I used to be able to do 100km and used to be and to do 80km at ease with no fatigue, a bit sad that ability is gone

It will come back with regular and consistent cycling. Fitness needs constant maintenance else it fades away.

Entered three audaxes last night. Breakfast in Bampton (100k), Goats Head Soup (160k) and Dales and Abbots (100k). Not tried a 200k event so will do some local DIYs (after 29th March) over that distance to see what happens.

Cold at the moment isn't it? Looking forward to some warmer rides.
Hoping to build stamina even when working overseas and enter one towards end of year. Local in or around Lake District be nice

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Managed a 100km ride every week of March so far. Legs feeling good. Have mapped out a DIY 200km from home for March 29th. Then I have booked onto a calendar event (which I’ll ECE) in April. It will be my first calendar event for a year. Looking forward to seeing a few others. I have a 400km in June delayed from last year. So I’ll think about a 300km ride for May.

I've gone and entered a 300 (I don't think anyone is allowed to open entries to longer rides yet?): Old Roads from Exeter-ish. May bank holiday Sat - hopefully visit ag-ed relative on the Sunday!

Annoyingly my local perms are not yet open - would like to do one on March29th as a celebration of the return of events :smile:

( I *might* do an SR of 4 different length events, but without a 200. I've IDed suitable events in the calendar, just waiting for them to open ... Has anyone looked at WillPom's crazy Bristol-Glasgow-Bristol??)

Managed a 100km ride every week of March so far. Legs feeling good. Have mapped out a DIY 200km from home for March 29th. Then I have booked onto a calendar event (which I’ll ECE) in April. It will be my first calendar event for a year. Looking forward to seeing a few others. I have a 400km in June delayed from last year. So I’ll think about a 300km ride for May.
Tell us about your DIY 200km

Top Bottom