What's your next Audax?

Ajax Bay

Guru
That looks like a cracking ride, Matt. Will be extra challenging for many (of those entered) after so few long rides in the last 16 months. Getting the miles in has to be a 'must' if you want to enjoy it.
Severn Across aka LWL for me - early May.
As you say - all plans look fragile (even though I'll have been vaccinated (first dose) in March).

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Is your wife psychic? Blimey that's accurate - a month ahead!
Wasn‘t far off was it!

Tripster

Über Member
An interest in Audax and longer distance cycles was partly what I joined CC for, why I eventually opted for the Mason Resolution and mainly read only this forum area. (No experience to join in)
With Lockdown and home schooling 10 year olds the bikes never turned a wheel yet and looking unlikely to be much opportunity to do any audaxes for a while. Shame but least its longer to prepare and get some decent kit.

footloose crow

Über Member
I've been keeping the legs turning with frequent outings of around 50km, occasionally longer. Crossing my fingers that my own events can go ahead.
I am crossing my fingers your events run too. And the others in the south west, otherwise the calendar looks very bare for the next nine months. Maybe April?? Perhaps May??

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Fingers crossed it will not be too long. I have a DIY I'm wanting to do ^_^

This extra time on my hands has given me the chance to look over what awards I could work towards though as I like a target - work out what distances I need to cover for each ride, etc.

And my AUK buff arrived today too.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Clocked up 87km yesterday. Longest since audax suspended. Thought I’d remind the legs about what longer rides feel like. Would have rounded up to 100km had I got out the house earlier. Maybe I’ll manage that next week before the legs forget how to do distance.

Looking forward to when it’s possible to do a few different roads and lanes other than from home 🤗

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Fingers crossed it will not be too long. I have a DIY I'm wanting to do ^_^

This extra time on my hands has given me the chance to look over what awards I could work towards though as I like a target - work out what distances I need to cover for each ride, etc.

And my AUK buff arrived today too.
Just keep ticking over with those 2-3 hour rides or so. Events will be coming back but hard to be sure when yet. It’s a watch and wait game with no clear dates to work to.

Last edited:
Top Bottom