What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Fingers crossed it will not be too long. I have a DIY I'm wanting to do ^_^

This extra time on my hands has given me the chance to look over what awards I could work towards though as I like a target - work out what distances I need to cover for each ride, etc.

And my AUK buff arrived today too.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Clocked up 87km yesterday. Longest since audax suspended. Thought I’d remind the legs about what longer rides feel like. Would have rounded up to 100km had I got out the house earlier. Maybe I’ll manage that next week before the legs forget how to do distance.

Looking forward to when it’s possible to do a few different roads and lanes other than from home 🤗

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Fingers crossed it will not be too long. I have a DIY I'm wanting to do ^_^

This extra time on my hands has given me the chance to look over what awards I could work towards though as I like a target - work out what distances I need to cover for each ride, etc.

And my AUK buff arrived today too.

Just keep ticking over with those 2-3 hour rides or so. Events will be coming back but hard to be sure when yet. It’s a watch and wait game with no clear dates to work to.

Last edited:

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Some calendar events are open for entry on the AUK website. Just signed up for an event at the beginning of July. :hyper:

An event I signed up for last year that was postponed to this year is still marked as suspended. It may still go ahead as it's in May... fingers crossed 🤞

I don't think I want to go back to audaxes. Haven't really cycled properly since November. Now doing the 25 minute cycle to uni is a struggle.

As a non-driver, I'll have to miss the first few weeks of events and watch the mob of happy faces from afar. (annoyingly, my favourite easy-ish 300 is on April 10th! 🤦‍♀️ )
Quite a few long-uns are looking feasible for the summer/autumn though :-) Seems like most are still "Suspended" on the calendar, but the orgs are keen unofficially*

(I might take the day off on March29th and ride a local perm, maybe even one of the 300s that go quite near me.)
*i.e. on YACF

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I have a 200 DIY that I wanted to do last September (first I was ill, then family stuff, then lockdown) that I want to do. A nice trip out to the seaside. I wonder how soon I can squeeze that in after 29th. :whistle:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I don't think I want to go back to audaxes. Haven't really cycled properly since November. Now doing the 25 minute cycle to uni is a struggle.

It will feel like that when you been off the bike a while. Maybe think about a return in the summer once you’ve built your cycling fitness back. I’ll give you something to aim at, and purpose to getting back to regular cycling.

It will feel like that when you been off the bike a while. Maybe think about a return in the summer once you’ve built your cycling fitness back. I’ll give you something to aim at, and purpose to getting back to regular cycling.
I dont know what my summer will look like. So can't plan a goal.don't know where I'll be and what I'll be doing. And just don't feel very motivated.

Top Bottom