What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Austria is at least 600km from Calais - so there seems a simple solution to this.

:laugh:

But ... we've also got to get two race bikes, kit, spare wheels, clothing and race clothes there. Please don't suggest we put it in a trailer and tow it there ... :blink:

600+km riding my son's Cervelo = :eek:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
In April there is:
Man of Kent 200 - which I've always fancied but getting to Tonbridge that early on a Sunday would mean I'd have to drive. And I prefer Saturdays anyway

Oasts and Coasts 300. I'm not up for a 300, and anyway it clashes with my wife's birthday.

Both of these I usually do every year anyway.
I love the Oasts & Coasts Audax. It has a great mix of everything. Flat, climbing, inlands and sea. I usually ride to and from the start at Meopham which bumps it up into a nice 360km.

Falsesummat

The Horsepower 200. Relatively flat East Anglian route. First 200 for a few years. I've ridden this previously and thoroughly enjoyed it, the company, the scenery.

Sturmey_Hub

Über Member
Hoping to do Charnwood in the Spring in April. Still have excessive lockdown/working from home weight though. I haven't done anything over 60km this year yet, so we'll see.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Sarah's Mad March 200* up next weekend. My back seems to have recovered enough to function as required.

*I think she still has a few places.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
The
Double Dutch, Ship of the Fens

at Easter. Been on Easter Arrows in years before pandemic , so never done this one before. Hopefully we’ll get the horizon filled tulips or such like.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Hopefully doing the Sunrise Audax on Saturday, child care permitting.

If I ride there and back, then it's a total of over 100 miles, which means I can do the Rutland one in early April (200k) which starts just down the road from my Mum's, which sorts out child care issues. But without the one on Saturday, I don't think I can commit to it.

Well, managed both the Sunrise Audax out of Whit Lenge Garden Centre at the end of February, then managed the "Another Slice of Rutland" 200k on Saturday. Would rather have had the warmth of earlier on that week. We started a couple of degrees below zero and encountered snow and light hail as well as rain, but we were very lucky in avoiding some of the worst of the showers, and had plenty of sunshine to bring out the best of the villages and countryside of east Leicestershire and Rutland (and a bit of north Northamptonshire).

Was lovely to re-visit a lot of familiar locations from >30 years back.

Top Bottom