What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Kicked of the first of my audax calendar events this morning. Didn’t think I’d be running any this year. Different format to the norm but still nice to set riders off after quick chats on a lovely sunny day. Good day to be riding audax. I have my second event to kick off tomorrow. Same picnic bench outdoor start

You can read some very long docs from AUK for details, but BASICALLY:
- for the rider, just expect staggered start times and (probably) smaller field sizes. Controls, speeds, rules - nothing new.
- organisers OBVIOUSLY doing various things to reduce virus transmission. <see every other sport, business etc in the UK :smile: >

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
All done, winds 30 mph gusting to 50 mph and rain from 3am till about an hour before I finished. I dare not stop for too long overnight for fear of losing all sensation in hands or risk hypothermia. The toughest 300 I have done by far.

The COVID 19 curfew preventing a refuge with hot food overnight at McDs was telling. The night was very very long till I hit Norwich for breakfast. Managed to get a Chinese for lunch in Swaffham to prepare me for the headwinds in the fens.

Top Bottom