Wheel Upgrade for Christmas.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
this is what they say in short about the rs81's

Like the Zipps the rims on the RS81s are pretty wide at 20.8mm. We've seen a lot wider rims recently for a couple of reasons, It improves the aerodynamics of the tyre and rim combination because it makes for a smoother transition between the two, and it also makes the rim laterally stiffer, and the wheel stronger.

i have wider rims on my handbuilts and they do make for a nice comfy plush ride with 25mm tyres

I favour the 25cc size myself too..

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I expect I could find a wheel builder over here but they will cost more and of course you have the language barrier as I've found out .
Ordering a meal and general spanish I'm OK with but anything medical, legal, mechanical, or electrical is very hard.. I will have a scout around and see what I can come up with.. :smile:
I understand, it's not easy at the beginning. I went through that myself when I first came to this country, my university years are full of tails with language moments :laugh:. My Spanish is so rusty now that I have to mentally prepare myself to start a conversation :laugh:

If you need help with it then drop me a pm.

Good luck

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I favour the 25cc size myself too..
personally if it was my cash i would buy hadnbuilts - but the shimanos do look like a very nice wheel - but there is weight limit with them, which i am led to believe is 90kgs including the bike - so with a bike weight of around 10kg, that would mean a rider weight of approx 80kg

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
personally if it was my cash i would buy hadnbuilts - but the shimanos do look like a very nice wheel - but there is weight limit with them, which i am led to believe is 90kgs including the bike - so with a bike weight of around 10kg, that would mean a rider weight of approx 80kg

Seems a fairly low limit if that is the case, me + bike (with bottles etc) = ~84kg and I am a racing snake!

jowwy

Seems a fairly low limit if that is the case, me + bike (with bottles etc) = ~84kg and I am a racing snake!
i thought that too rob - its a question posted on wiggle about the wheels and the reply says 90kg including the bike

jowwy

IS there a rider weight limit for these wheels?

1 month, 1 week ago
itsandy09
Melbourne VIC, Australia

1I have this question too
staff-customer-services-icon.jpg

Maximum rider weight is 90kg. This also includes the weight of the bike.
1 month ago
WiggleDanO

helpful0unhelpful0
Answer this question

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
I understand, it's not easy at the beginning. I went through that myself when I first came to this country, my university years are full of tails with language moments :laugh:. My Spanish is so rusty now that I have to mentally prepare myself to start a conversation :laugh:

If you need help with it then drop me a pm.

Good luck

I'm going to the local bike shop in the next day or two so I will ask if he knows of anyone that does hand build wheels..
Thanks for the help offer thats very king of you.. cheers :smile:

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran

I'm well under 80kg I'm 10st 5lbs what ever that is in kg's and thats after a roast dinner and 3 pizza's ^_^

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Question..
If I was to go down the hand built wheel's route how do I know what to ask for? or do you give them a price say €500 and let them build them to that price?
I have no clue.

jowwy

Question..
If I was to go down the hand built wheel's route how do I know what to ask for? or do you give them a price say €500 and let them build them to that price?
I have no clue.
what do you want from the wheels?? do you need them lightweight?? strong? for racing? every day use? etc etc

then contact dcr wheels, have a gander at his website, then drop him an email with your requirements and he will advise on the wheels - thats what i did

Top Bottom