Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VamP

Banned
zipp have a rider limit of 250lbs on all their wheels according to their website

Except the tubs? That's fishy, as tubs are generally much stronger due to simplicity of construction.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
So they are heavy and not aero. Well worth a grand.
Sometimes, just sometimes, it's not all about the weight. The O.P hasn't said he wants them for racing, he has said he weighs over 100 kg so an extra 150g or so aint going to make much difference, a couple of bananas in your back pocket weigh more. Of course your right, there are lighter more aero wheels out there for less money, but he's not after that. They're well built by one of the leading wheel manufacturers and in a sale at £825 they're certainly a pair of wheels worth considering.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
@Mr Haematocrit will be happy with my recent purchase too i think

The 202 firecrest IMHO is possibly one of the best all round wheels I have ever ridden, in terms of pure areo they are not far behind 404 yet they spin up and climb exceptionally well, descend amazing and just inspire confidence.
If someone lined up my 202, 404, 808, Lightweights or EVNE wheels in front of me and said I could only have one set it would be the 202 without doubt.

Find a nice hill jowwy with a bit of a twisty descent and the grins come faster than the corners :thumbsup:

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
The 202 firecrest IMHO is possibly one of the best all round wheels I have ever ridden, in terms of pure areo they are not far behind 404 yet they spin up and climb exceptionally well, descend amazing and just inspire confidence.
If someone lined up my 202, 404, 808, Lightweights or EVNE wheels in front of me and said I could only have one set it would be the 202 without doubt.

Find a nice hill jowwy with a bit of a twisty descent and the grins come faster than the corners :thumbsup:

i got plenty of hills to choose from thats for sure

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Remember to get some pictures of the bike up when they are fitted

VamP

Banned
Sometimes, just sometimes, it's not all about the weight. The O.P hasn't said he wants them for racing, he has said he weighs over 100 kg so an extra 150g or so aint going to make much difference, a couple of bananas in your back pocket weigh more. Of course your right, there are lighter more aero wheels out there for less money, but he's not after that. They're well built by one of the leading wheel manufacturers and in a sale at £825 they're certainly a pair of wheels worth considering.

Well it's your money...

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!

looking for lighweight, strong wheels for climbing in the welsh valleys.

So other than "strong" which is a given requirement in wheels, no-one wants fragile wheels, Jowwy wants wheels that are lightweight for climbing, i.e. it is all about the weight, regardless of whether he is racing or not.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

So other than "strong" which is a given requirement in wheels, no-one wants fragile wheels, Jowwy wants wheels that are lightweight for climbing, i.e. it is all about the weight, regardless of whether he is racing or not.
and jowwy has got them - zipp firecrest 202's on the reccomendation of @Mr Haematocrit

OP
OP
J

jowwy

The wheels have come with brake pads - can i just put these into my own brake pad holders or do i need specific holders for them - sorry if its a stupid question

Top Bottom