Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
The former.

The brake pads are carbon specific, do not use them on your aluminium rims, as they will get small bits of metal embedded which will then damage the carbon braking surface.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Thanks rob and no they won't be used on alu rims - Jowwy

VamP

Banned
The former.

The brake pads are carbon specific, do not use them on your aluminium rims, as they will get small bits of metal embedded which will then damage the carbon braking surface.

I see as many claiming that as disputing it. I suspect it might be received wisdom that perpetuates, I'm not noticing any adverse wear and use my yellow kings on both carbon and metal. Maybe I will in time...

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
You would be well advised to listen to the manufacturer when it comes to ££££ wheels, even if there are no adverse effects, if they decide to try to get out of a warranty claim, you are only giving them fuel by ignoring such advice.

e-rider

crappy member
The budget is circa 1K - looking for lighweight, strong wheels for climbing in the welsh valleys.

I am a big lump at around 230lbs , can hold down the power on the flats and rolling terrain, but looking for some lighweight climbers to help on the steeper climbs.

So throw them at me guys......ideas so far are.

Zipp 101's

shimano dura ace c35/50
take a diet - far more effective for climbing faster than any wheel upgrade will ever be (and much cheaper)
lightweight climbing wheels will suffer under your weight. esp the rear wheel and you'll probably have many problems with it not staying true

OP
OP
J

jowwy

take a diet - far more effective for climbing faster than any wheel upgrade will ever be (and much cheaper)
lightweight climbing wheels will suffer under your weight. esp the rear wheel and you'll probably have many problems with it not staying true
never had a problems with wheels staying true before - and telling somebody who you don't know anything about and do not know what they are doing to alter their weight and get fit, personally i think is rather rude............but then i expect that from some people on this forum and your one of them. Now go fourth

e-rider

crappy member
never had a problems with wheels staying true before - and telling somebody who you don't know anything about and do not know what they are doing to alter their weight and get fit, personally i think is rather rude............but then i expect that from some people on this forum and your one of them. Now go fourth
didn't you say that you were 230lbs?
Unless you are over 7 feet tall you are overweight! Assuming that you are under 6'3" you could save a lot more weight by taking a diet than buying some fancy new wheels. Being the correct weight not only saves weight for climbing but also makes the body function better too - a double winner.
If you want to remain the same weight and buy some new wheels then fine, but the improvements you notice will be very minimal.

vickster

Legendary Member
Being welsh and all, perhaps he is a extremely well muscled professional rugby player?

OP
OP
J

jowwy

didn't you say that you were 230lbs?
Unless you are over 7 feet tall you are overweight! Assuming that you are under 6'3" you could save a lot more weight by taking a diet than buying some fancy new wheels. Being the correct weight not only saves weight for climbing but also makes the body function better too - a double winner.
If you want to remain the same weight and buy some new wheels then fine, but the improvements you notice will be very minimal.
you still making the assumption that i'm.not already dieting and training to get my weight down.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

20130903_173546-1.jpg

yeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhhh

OP
OP
J

jowwy

OPEN THE BOXES!!! OPEN THE BOXES!!!

Then put some tyres and take them for a spin... put your old wheels in the boxes, santa will never know!

i have opened them and im working my magic on swmbo - reckon they will be on the bike by sunday

Top Bottom