Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
@jowwy that looks amazing, really cool.
Hope you think they ride like it looks.

S-works Turbo 24c is the Tyre to run IMHO.
how good is the fairy protection on those tyres

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Let's hope they're better than the original Turbo S from the 90s. I've still not a NOS pair in my spares box and that's where they're staying...

Best place for them is the bin, they might get a puncture in your box..... my goodness that old compound was dire..think they shared it with marigold.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

OK - whats the difference between the 4 seasons and the 4000s - they are both the same weight so i can't see why one would be quicker then the other

unless it just down to the chilli compound

OK - whats the difference between the 4 seasons and the 4000s - they are both the same weight so i can't see why one would be quicker then the other

unless it just down to the chilli compound

Composition, ply, compound - the difference between the two is like chalk and cheese. Weight isn't actually that much of an issue in terms of how well a tyre rolls - or how it feels once under way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Composition, ply, compound - the difference between the two is like chalk and cheese. Weight isn't actually that much of an issue in terms of how well a tyre rolls - or how it feels once under way.
i see it still has the vectran breaker for fairy protection - so i have ordered them

OP
OP
J

jowwy

^_^ just been out on a quick 11mile loop - they are awesomely smooth and quick - wait til i get the dumper tyres removed and proper boots fitted.

One happy zipp owner - yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

e-rider

crappy member
heavy tyres - they only weigh about 220grammes as they are folders not wire bead
only 220 grams! you'll be telling us next that you have standard tubes too! Why spend a fortune on these wheels and then fit heavy tyres and probably heavy tubes too?

Top Bottom