When did Maccy D's become so expensive?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Not been in one of these places for some time but today we were caught on the hop for some midday sustenance and ventured into one amongst the Teens and V.Young who had taken their parents there.

2 x Quarter Pounder + Cheese and Large (ha-blooming-ha) Fries over £9.00

Scandalous - how long has this been going on?

NB: I'm pretty sure Lovely Wife (my dining companion) thinks that I'm out of touch/just plain mean. :rolleyes:

AndyRM

XOXO
The double cheeseburger is your friend @ £1.50 and damn tasty IMO.

OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Dunno when it became expensive, because its unsatisfying slop of little nutritional value that leaves you hungry ten minutes later and tastes worse than the packaging in which it is served.
Therefore I don't frequent the establishment .

We almost succumbed last year when we was down your way on holiday and couldn't find a Chippie that was either open or near a car parking spot.

Fortunately we resisted.

Brandane

Legendary Member
In defence of the Golden Arched "restaurant" - the breakfast McMuffin things are quite good (both bacon/egg and sausage/egg) - but they seem to have shrunk over the years, and where do they get chickens to lay those mini eggs that fit on such a small roll? The coffee is quite good, but the hash browns are bin fodder.

The quarter pound cheeseburger with large fries and a banana milkshake has also been known to provide me with emergency rations on the odd occasion too. The fries are ok as long as they are hot and fresh out the fryer, but as with so many of these fast food places, they are usually luke warm, limp and taste of nothing. I could suffer that when they were £5; but if they want to charge £9 then they need to polish up their act.

Top Bottom