When did Maccy D's become so expensive?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
For what a McDonald's costs these days one could purchase a halfway decent meal at a proper eatery.
I'd like to visit said eateries.

For the money, my preference is for a meal deal from Tesco, Boots et al, but I don't turn my nose up at their breakfast products, which I think are pretty good, as is the coffee.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
. Seemed like a good grounding as a part time job.

I'm often in a McDonald's late in the afternoon to do some work on the laptop.

Inevitably, I've become acquainted with some of the staff.

All speak well of McDonald's as an employer.

As a customer, I'm treated well.

Never any pressure to buy anything, although I usually buy a drink if nothing else.

The staff volunteer to keep an eye on the laptop if I want to nip out to the car or to the toilet, and they point me towards the seats with a mains socket nearby.

The food is what it is, but to be fair to McDonald's I think they were among the first chains to abolish rip-off pricing at motorway service areas.

A double cheeseburger and chips from the Saver menu is good value at £2.50.

Coffee, I think, is about £1.50, which is also fair, bordering on cheap when you consider CostaBucks will rip you for more than three quid.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
You've got £4.69. I'm genuinely interested to see what you come up with. Wetherspoons is the only place I can think of.
You can't. It's cheap, consistent and reliable

Folk going on about how good 5 Guys burgers are, are laughable. They're 4 times the price. Perhaps unsurprisingly they are a different standard

The only place I can think of (other than Wetherspoons) is a typical greasy spoon. Hit and miss quality, sketchy ingredients and probably toilets that MrsN wouldn't entertain

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
It’s the beer that turns them into drunken twats though
Insert the word ‘quantity’ into the above sentence....

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
'Beer in, brains out' is a phrase you hear in court.

Never truer than in the recent cases of two prominent sportsmen.

Not helped by neither of them having much in the way of brains to start with, so they can ill-afford to lose any thinking capacity to drink.

Sharky

Guru
Apparently, it's National Burger Day tomorrow (23/8/18)!

Why this warrants a "National Day" baffles me, especially as there is so much focus on healthy eating nowadays.
But there seems to be loads of offers, 2 for 1's etc, so tomorrow is the day to indulge.

Top Bottom