When did Maccy D's become so expensive?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
If you dont like the price then dont buy the goods.
I never knew adults went in there I thought it was just for kids who dont realize what rubbish it is.

I will pass your virtual admonishments on to Lovely Wife who completed the financial transaction as our impromptu lunch was 'on her' - although 'on her' is somewhat of a misnomer as we are 100% financially conjoined. ^_^

Dave7

Legendary Member
Only 2 times I went it was to take my grandaughter. I managed to avoid getting one for myself although I did steal a few fries.....which were very nice.

OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
In defence of the Golden Arched "restaurant" - the breakfast McMuffin things are quite good (both bacon/egg and sausage/egg) - but they seem to have shrunk over the years, and where do they get chickens to lay those mini eggs that fit on such a small roll? The coffee is quite good, but the hash browns are bin fodder.

The quarter pound cheeseburger with large fries and a banana milkshake has also been known to provide me with emergency rations on the odd occasion too. The fries are ok as long as they are hot and fresh out the fryer, but as with so many of these fast food places, they are usually luke warm, limp and taste of nothing. I could suffer that when they were £5; but if they want to charge £9 then they need to polish up their act.

Just for clarity it was:

2(Quarter Pounder with Cheese + Large Fries) = £9 and a bit

Is this mathematical statement correct btw?

Dunno when it became expensive, because its unsatisfying slop of little nutritional value that leaves you hungry ten minutes later and tastes worse than the packaging in which it is served.
Therefore I don't frequent the establishment .
This is exactly the way i feel about them. I may have been dragged in half a dozen times in the last 20 years or so.

jayonabike