When did Maccy D's become so expensive?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
Lovely at just gone midnight when you really need it .
@Hill Wimp is there something you haven’t told me....

Ok I’ll admit it ,I am really a Big Mac binger.

AndyRM

XOXO
The most disappointing burger experience I have ever had was at Byron Burger. A friend had been banging on about them for ages, and was delighted when one popped up in Newcastle. I was expecting great things which were not delivered.

Similarly poor was an effort by Handmade Burger Co, which was so fatty I couldn't finish it, and what I had managed decided to pay me a visit a couple of hours later.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
mcd.png

Did they know what they were creating? The McDonald brothers outside their soon-to-be-opened restaurant.

OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I lived in Gravesend for a number of years and remember driving the 20 miles or so to Woolwich a few weeks after the first one in the UK opened in 1974.

It was very exciting at the time but was a slightly discombobulating experience - there were no plates or knives and forks!

Julia9054

Guru
It was very exciting at the time but was a slightly discombobulating experience - there were no plates or knives and forks!
Went to Wimpy in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe in the early 90s. Not sure they had got the hang of how fast food joint were supposed to work. Plates, knives and forks and full waiter service!

Levo-Lon

Guru
The most disappointing burger experience I have ever had was at Byron Burger. A friend had been banging on about them for ages, and was delighted when one popped up in Newcastle. I was expecting great things which were not delivered.

Similarly poor was an effort by Handmade Burger Co, which was so fatty I couldn't finish it, and what I had managed decided to pay me a visit a couple of hours later.

I glad they have to cook them through now..
I cant eat a rare burger, steak no prob.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
For such a successful brand you seldom find anyone on the internet who says they enjoy the odd Big Mac.

Seldom see an empty Macd.

Whenever I have sampled a local independent takeaway or even cafe I am almost always surprised at how poor quality they are makes me wonder how they survive. That's where Ray Kroc nailed it consistency, if you like it you will choose it over and above a local unknown Chippy etc. Three chip shop near me and everyone selling pre cut pre cooked frozen chips and a ten minute wait if you want a soggy fatty bit of fish and way over a fiver, and no poncy Latte included to wash it down with.

Don't seek them out but don't mind them, Big Mac meal deal at under a fiver seems reasonable value to me.

The only thing I don't like about the business model is the marketing to kids.

I encouraged one of my kids to apply for a job, it never ceases to amaze me how they keep such a young staff busy and generally happy and knowing exactly what they should be doing with fairly little management. Seemed like a good grounding as a part time job.

Top Bottom