When is cycling not enjoyable.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran
When you are told by forumites the bike you have is no good, almost makes you want to sling the lot in a ditch and take up running.

But there is always a few about who will always make you think like that.

And if you sling it in a ditch, it might break something, like the frame for instance. :whistle:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Club mates photo from this mornings ride (shame about the instagram filter - although it does sort of suit), I am the figure on the left, lol:

?size=l.jpg

Other than the uncertainty this snow drift caused, the ride was very enjoyable!

For me road riding is not enjoyable when it becomes unsafe. When the temps drop below freezing and the roads become icy. It's more productive to just hit the turbo trainer or go off road with my CX bike. The latter is purely to mix it up as it tends to be madness but in a slightly safer kind of way. :crazy:

Trail Child

It's been a beautiful weekend in Ottawa. Wore shorts yesterday & will be wearing them tonite (+3 C).

Although I commuted all winter, it was particularly harsh this year. This past month made me quite down since the signs of spring were not there. The amount of snow and no signs of melting has been a downer here, but this past weekend I actually saw my bare driveway (no grass yet though)! The depressing cold will be gone soon, I promise.

PS: The downhill & xc skiers here are quite happy. Their season might go to April. I might take up skiing next year.

Cycling is not enjoyable when you don't bring a spare tube and puncture badly, resulting in a shredded tube. Cycling is most certainly not enjoyable when your mobile phone network decides to go down for the day and you are stranded 10k from home. Cycling is plain sh*t when you have to be home in an hours time, so you run back holding the bike upright and destroying your cleats in the process.

It is slightly impressive when you do it in 50 minutes in road shoes and holding a bike. It is not so impressive when you go out without a spare tube!! You end up being the spare tube................

Globalti

Legendary Member
I managed an hour, out into the wind then back very fast indeed. Then lovingly bathed my bike with warm sudsy water to thank it and get all the salt off.

Licramite

Über Member
felt like throwing my bike in the river today - changed my plans because of the forecast on Saturday - it was lovely , - it was supposed to be raining - today it was cold and uninviting but tog up and away to go, - first hill chain comes off and so do I, struggle on chain comes off again, struggle on - then I came off, front wheel in a rut and me down with the bike on top of me. get back on and the chain comes off again - I've only done 3miles , so I gave up and came home. - F-in dis custard !

D

Deleted member 1258

If a journey is essential I will ride in almost any weather, but if I'm riding for pleasure and enjoyment I wont ride in bad weather, what's the point? I'm not going to enjoy it, this weekend has always been a rest weekend so I wasn't bothered about the bad weather, but if I had been planning on riding I would have taken one look outside and gone back to bed.

Top Bottom