When was the last time you......fell off your bike ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Autumn of last year. Was riding an old beater MTB in woods. Ground was soft and muddy in places and there was a lot of fallen leaves around, quite deep in places. I rode straight into a tree branch laying across my path that was concealed by fallen leaves. Came to a rather sudden stop, toppled over sideways and one side of me landed in a nice patch of wet mud which I got absolutely covered in. No damage but I wasn't best pleased about it.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
19 november :smile:

alchurch

I am lucky , I hardly ever fall off. There are some things that guarantee a fall. Wearing brand new cycling clothes will ensure rips within a few miles. Seeing a group of old cycling buddies looking at a map or something. Decide to pull over for a chat, unclip one leg, lean the bike the other and crash bang wallop.

monkers

Veteran
I took my first tumble October 2020. My cycling newbie friend called out to me, I went to cycle alongside but they pulled out from being close to the kerb to the centre of the road and took my front wheel. I fell on my left side - 3 broken ribs in my back, I broken rib at the front. My shoulder suffered what was called an acromio-clavicular sprain (class 3). Subsequent appointments showed that the two big tendons that hold the shoulder complex together had snapped in the middle. They are not repairable and my shoulder is now dislocated most of the time. Bike was untouched though luckily - pity my bones and tendons aren't made of carbon fibre. Shoe overlap was a contributory factor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom