When was the last time you......fell off your bike ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't remember.

Probably some time in the 90's when I was a kid.

As an adult no, I haven't fallen yet.

fatjel

Veteran
January on my MTB slid smoothly off on ice and fell over again when I tried standing up
February slid off on ice 40 miles from home broke collar bone bent bike frame
April bit of stick slid up Between wheel and forks and Isent me straight over the bars
August front wheel slid out on wet leaves about two mph and chipped elbow

all good since then

January on my MTB slid smoothly off on ice and fell over again when I tried standing up
April bit of stick slid up Between wheel and forks and Isent me straight over the bars
all good since then
yikes!

Biker man

all good since then
Blimey you have been unlucky keep safe.

yophie

Maybe go to A&E, don't mess around with neck injuries
Oh it’s fine, just a strain on my caridovasuclatory jugulartery genotipic muscle- thanks for the concern tho :tongue:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Three or four years ago now, and entirely my fault. I'd neglected the drivetrain on the fixed. Doing about 35mph (according to my friend behind) the back wheel lock-up as the chain unshipped. I had to lay the bike down and slid along on my hip and elbow. Wrecked a pair of shorts. I was okay to ride home, but it was late and I had to improvise a dressing to contain the ooze before I could retire to bed.

mpemburn

Had a couple of “zero MPH” crashes a few year back when I first got back into cycling. Who has not had this one: first ride on SPD-SL pedals, did the “stop and topple”. A few weeks later, stopped with the group and, when I started again, was not aware that I’d come to rest on wet leaves. Schwoop! BAM! Pride hurt more than bike or bod.

Nebulous

Guru
Started cycling about 10 years ago and have had numerous fall. Fell off repeatedly when starting clipless pedals. Have had two falls on black ice. Fell off on LEL and broke my ribs.

Most recent one about a year ago, following my wife on her electric bike. She set off from a junction I clipped in to follow and she decided a distant car was too close and did an emergency stop. I managed to stop without hitting her, but didn't unclip on time.

I think it was early last year . It was a bright sunny frosty morning , the ice was melting in the sun and In thought I would take my Giant mountain bike out . The lanes were okay , there was some slush about and a few puddles with broken ice on but I was riding carefully and was okay . I stopped on a railway bridge to look at the view and was passed by two riders on mountain bikes . I got back on my bike and gradually caught them up . I stayed some way behind them and just followed as they were going the same way that I was . We all turned off right at the bottom of a steep hill and proceeded along a lane . It was about a hundred yards along this lane that we all came off! We had all been riding well up to that point . The first rider went into a tank slapper and went down followed by the second rider. I reacted and then joined them on the deck . We all got up to see what had happened and checked ourselves and bikes over . Everything was fine . It was black ice . The sun must have melted some ice which had frozen again . As we were checking our bikes over I noticed that we were all on the same make of bike , Giant ! Different versions but all mountain bikes. I carried on to my brother's a mile away and did the 6 miles home without further incIdent.

Top Bottom