When was the last time you......fell off your bike ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Time for studded tyres? Not sure I see what you mean. You were riding across shiny sheet ice, it was only going to end one way and the result was not a surprise. Perhaps more care is a better option?

You need to try them - they are ace for riding across sheet ice.

Alex321

Veteran
You need to try them - they are ace for riding across sheet ice.
You know, I wasn't even aware you could get studded tyres for anything but out-and-out MTBs. I still can't see anything for a road bike which is limited to 28mm tyres though. But could get them to fit my hybrid, with 38mm on (or 35).

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
You know, I wasn't even aware you could get studded tyres for anything but out-and-out MTBs. I still can't see anything for a road bike which is limited to 28mm tyres though. But could get them to fit my hybrid, with 38mm on (or 35).
I've got some 30mm Marathon Winters, that I managed to squeeze onto a road-ish bike.

haha thanks guys I have studded tire I just waited too long before putting them on that year. yes, I was asking for trouble. on that ride I was skirting over small sections of ice I got too confident. I twitched & went hard hard, like the hand of God slapping me down instantly. no time to react, which was good, no arm out no leg out rode it down fully attached, so the impact was spread over my entire right side, ending w/ a head/helmet tap on the ground. I laid there for a cpl seconds evaluating what happened & if I broke my neck. held my head in my hands while on my back, but I was fine. surprised my camera mount didn't break off. the year before I put the studs on too early & it was a drag on moist dirt trails. but like the saying goes, better safe than sorry!

Oh dear not damage done hopefully.
thank you, mostly unscathed. I think my right hip was sore for a week?

Some time last summer I was riding along a canal and had to go over a bridge
On the far side of the bridge one of those staggered gate things to stop motorbikes and all that - so I stopped
and totally failed to take into account that the track in on a slope
so when I put my foot down to balance the bike when it stopped
it went down firmly onto 6 inches of thin air

I absolutely did not fall off and it was not at all funny - because no-one saw

so after a nice lie down on the grass for a second or two I got up and carried on

• Hugs
Reactions: C R
Top Bottom