When was the last time you......fell off your bike ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I fell off my Chopper as a kid but that's it.
At least you had a parachute to tell the tale...

Punkawallah

Über Member
Yesterday. Large puddle covering my side of the road. Decided to turn onto the pavement to avoid it. Wet leaves disagreed with my choice, and I ended up on my arse.

Slight cosmetic damage to the Brooks saddle (tough bugger) and the near side brake cover, but all said & done ‘just another day at the office’ :-)

Baldy

Über Member
Last Sunday, out with a friend in Glen Prosen (spelling?). Came around a sharp bend to a short but very steep uphill section. Of course I was still on in my highest gear. Hands were so cold I couldn't press the leaver to change. I tried to peddle up the hill but failed and toppled over sideways. Luckily no harm done.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Last summer outside my front gate, coming back from a ride. I couldn't unclip my right foot and toppled on my side. No damage to my brand new Trek bike then or not so new rider though.

D

Deleted member 1258

About five years ago, trickling along at walking pace in heavy traffic and got my toe tangled up in the front mudguard, ended in a heap in the road, gained a few lumps and bumps.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
12 years ago, on black ice. The time before that was on wet leaves when an Alsatian ran in front of me. And the time before that was ice again. There's a pattern emerging.

When I used to do MTB in the 90s, I had one of those high speed crashes where you see sky, ground, sky, ground. The trail was so steep and loose that there was very little impact, and I was wearing two layers which minimised abrasion. My mate thought I was dead but it's just hard to stand up when your legs are higher than your head!

Last edited:
Posted this before, back in March. Hit a hidden hole that looked like a puddle, fell off and shattered my left elbow. 4 months off work, plated and screwed . Months later and it's still painful. Not been able to ride since, hopeful of getting back on next year.
ouch! a speedy recovery :okay:

about this time last year, a bit too fast down a muddy track on gravel bike (with slicks!), got chucked into a thorny hedge which stopped me hitting the deck. Close one. Once said thorns were removed from shorts and jersey, arms and legs it was a stingy ride home.
I need to remember I am not 25 any more ^_^

Venod

Eh up
One evening I ignored the flood/closed road sign and cycle through, in the semi dark it didn’t look that deep however both feet were submerged in freezing water

I have ignored the road closed signs a few times and like you ended up with wet feet, but it does create a traffic free ride into Cawood.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
About 3 years years ago.
Morning commute about 5:50am. Dark, rural road with no street lights, a slight dip and a badly positioned grid which allows ponding on the side of the road. I anticipated the puddle being there so was near the middle of the road. What I didn't expect until it was too late was the black ice created by cars splashing through the water. The road camber whipped the front wheel away. Bruised hip, elbow and torn leggings and jacket.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
When I was able to cycle I was on a MB run with the club which usually had a wet bit. On a muddy track I went through a particularly bad bit and lost traction so toppled over pedalling furiously while still clipped in. Fortunately there was a grassy patch I landed on but getting unclipped was not easy.No damage done and everybody else thought it was hilarious.

Jody

Stubborn git
About 8 weeks ago on the local pump track.

Setting off and the front wheel washed out. Hit my face on the floor (tooth into my top lip), handlebar to the chest, possible broken finger and some scuffed knees.

Top Bottom