When will you quit ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
70 and still going, although, not as far or as fast. I see no need to "plan" an end date, but, I suppose, a time will come.......

wisdom

Guru
Realistically when I can't ride anymore.
I am 57 and commute to work daily whatever the weather and ride for pleasure as well.i do get aching legs a little more often nowadays but still enjoy every minute on the bike.My body will tell me when I have to stop.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I'm 59 and just getting ready for TCR next year. My trainer is my father in law who is 84 and is a bit faster than me ^_^

Some of this is not quite true. But I'm not saying which bit. :laugh:

screenman

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5040498, member: 9609"]think my mother is still doing the best part of 2000 a year and she's 80 - mind you its only 2 or 3 miles 2 or 3 times a day, and its no very quick. Although I think shhe managed a 120 in a week hen she was in Germany earlier in the year.
I will be more than happy if i can maage the same in another 27 years time[/QUOTE]

Have you got your maths correct?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Some of you children are quite pathetic. There are ones about 30 years younger than me talking about being too old. I have adapted but I will only give up when I fall off into a wooden box. I still do 30 or so miles with no problem but lack of time to get further. My projected camping trip to Barra is still on for next year as the weather and an unexpected health problem plus a death in the family stopped it this year.

Top Bottom