When will you quit ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Your choice but a tad puzzled to be honest. I see cycling on the road getting gradually better vis a vis cars. We may have passed peak car in much of the developed world.
After 6 years I think the last year has been the worst for seeing idiotic driving. Lots of mobile phone driving now more than ever too.

400bhp

Guru
I plan to KoM the climb up to heavens gates.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Your choice but a tad puzzled to be honest. I see cycling on the road getting gradually better vis a vis cars. We may have passed peak car in much of the developed world.

Really ? - is that a fact or just a personal observation ?

I think motoring is cheaper than its been for a while - a lot of families now have 3 or 4 cars. IMO car ownership / use will continue to grow.

IMO car ownership / use will continue to grow.

And the road conditions will get forever worse with more and more pot holes and damaged sides to roads added to which the quality and level of consideration exhibited by drivers for cyclists will get progressively and relentlessly worse!!

Thank heavens that where I live a cyclists life is a good one as our rural roads are mainly in good condition and most of the time they are almost deserted.

I think motoring is cheaper than its been for a while - a lot of families now have 3 or 4 cars. IMO car ownership / use will continue to grow.
Fair question. Don't have any handy figures to be honest. But i get the feeling that things are on the move, cars being more restricted in their movements etc. London congestion charge for instance. A think a lot of folk without kids to ferry around are maybe questioning their need for a car in urban areas.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I'm 61 and getting stronger and faster with each year that passes, retiring soon to Scotland where I will have time to do more cycling, skiing, ski touring, walking, climbing, sea kayaking and coastal rowing. Can't wait.

I'm 61 and getting stronger and faster with each year that passes, retiring soon to Scotland where I will have time to do more cycling, skiing, ski touring, walking, climbing, sea kayaking and coastal rowing. Can't wait.

And don't forget squatting all the cleggs and midges !!

iandg

Legendary Member
When I die (or if I get ill to the point when I can't ride anymore) - My school friends told me I'd quit once I bought my first car. That was 40 years ago. When I got my first car I made sure that bike and wheels went in the boot and used it to travel further afield to race.

Last edited:

gaijintendo

Veteran
I quit public transport because it drained me too much. Maybe I am a quitter. Perhaps there will be one too many punctures...

I hope it is never put to the test, but I might quit if I had a bad accident or scare, though many don't.

I currently have some kind of sprained wrist. If I had persistent pain like that, maybe I would have to call it a day.

I hope of I become a danger to others, I'll have the wherewithal to hang up my leg warmers.

But those are not inevitable, so I don't have a when.

Top Bottom