Where are you touring this summer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Aaah. I happened to be in Lincoln on Friday and saw the aforementioned bikes in a cafe and had a quick chat with the cyclists. Wondered if it had been you. Mais non...

This year will be my first tour so i'm only doing a short round trip, it'l be from my village to Ilfracombe (60 miles) then Ilfracombe to Plymouth 102 miles(Devon c2c) and then from Plymouth back home (60 miles) ... its not much compared to most on here but its a first step to bigger and more adventurous tours in the future

Simon

Gerry Attrick said:
Get stuck in Simon. Just one word of warning......touring is seriously addictive. Today Devon, tomorrow....wherever. Hope you enjoy it.

Thanks Gerry .. i got my first touring bike this year (Ridgeback Panorama) and i've just started to shop around for the kit i'l need, panniers - tent - sleeping bag etc etc ... its not a cheap hobby is it, as i need to buy it all from scratch my plan is to buy the best i can afford now and then upgrade it over time as things wear out and i have'nt got to buy alot of kit in one go

My long term touring goal is to complete the North Sea Cycle Route (one day)

Simon

HelenD123

Guru
Muddyfox said:
This year will be my first tour so i'm only doing a short round trip, it'l be from my village to Ilfracombe (60 miles) then Ilfracombe to Plymouth 102 miles(Devon c2c) and then from Plymouth back home (60 miles) ... its not much compared to most on here but its a first step to bigger and more adventurous tours in the future

Simon

That sounds like a great tour. Have fun!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
vernon said:
St Malo then south to Loire along the loire and veer southwards to Orange then EB Express back to Leeds.

Booked my EBE place this afternoon. My relaxed approach to planning has meant that my preferred date of return is no longer available so I now have to spend an extra two days in France. Every cloud has a silver lining :biggrin:

Just booked the ferries for our summer trip (408 bleeding quid!); Portsmouth-Bilbao on Aug. 5th and back from St. Malo on the 21st. Will plan a route and campsite for the first day and then play it by ear, should be around 600 miles over 14 days riding.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Dave Davenport said:
Just booked the ferries for our summer trip (408 bleeding quid!); Portsmouth-Bilbao on Aug. 5th and back from St. Malo on the 21st. Will plan a route and campsite for the first day and then play it by ear, should be around 600 miles over 14 days riding.

Ferries are ridiculously expensive, aren't they. Prohibitively so. Not sure I spelt that right.

toroddf

In the first week of July.....and first half of the second week, I will do the Western Isles.

That means:

Glasgow - Arran - Oban - Barra to Port Nis and then back to Stornoway, over to Ullapool and then down the whole coast through Gairloch, Torridon and Applecross to Kyle Of Lochalsh, Mallaig and over Moydart and Glen Coe back to Glasgow again.

666 miles..... or so.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
vernon said:
Booked my EBE place this afternoon. My relaxed approach to planning has meant that my preferred date of return is no longer available so I now have to spend an extra two days in France. Every cloud has a silver lining ;)

I wanted to use EBE but couldn't get the dates to work using it there and back. A mixture of lack of options and already full so I had to fly out to Lyon and back from Toulouse. Cheap but carboniferous!

Top Bottom