Where are you touring this summer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cathryn said:
Aaah. I happened to be in Lincoln on Friday and saw the aforementioned bikes in a cafe and had a quick chat with the cyclists. Wondered if it had been you. Mais non...

So at least you didn't go up to the guy and say "Are you gerry attrick?" ;)

Two weeks recumbenting through France in a group of friends for me - two of whom live over there (a village near Confolens), so we ride to the house from Le Havre, stay a couple of days, and ride back to St Malo, about a week each way.

And not a hope I'll lose any weight!;) It's not hardcore, we use hotels and some self catering accommodation.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Arch said:
So at least you didn't go up to the guy and say "Are you gerry attrick?" ;)

Two weeks recumbenting through France in a group of friends for me - two of whom live over there (a village near Confolens), so we ride to the house from Le Havre, stay a couple of days, and ride back to St Malo, about a week each way.

And not a hope I'll lose any weight!;) It's not hardcore, we use hotels and some self catering accommodation.

I camped in Confolens municipal site a couple of years ago. Nice little town, IIRC.

GrahamG

Guru
I'm off with the other half a week on sunday, three months touring Europe with a very rough route of:

Santander ferry, ride up to south of France, across the alps to northern Italy, east to Slovenia and possibly down the coast to Croatia before turning around a going back though Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland and then France. Aim is to get to somewhere around Brittany for the 2nd/3rd week in August where some friends will be holidaying. Can't wait.

GrahamG said:
I'm off with the other half a week on sunday, three months touring Europe with a very rough route of:

Santander ferry, ride up to south of France, across the alps to northern Italy, east to Slovenia and possibly down the coast to Croatia before turning around a going back though Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland and then France. Aim is to get to somewhere around Brittany for the 2nd/3rd week in August where some friends will be holidaying. Can't wait.

That sounds great, lucky buggers!

I'm on tour at the moment, having a day off.

Due to bad knee/hip joints, old age, the aim is to do ~100 miles every 3-4 days.
I'm ~330 miles in, with another ~1,700 to go.
The route so far has been roughly north up the middle of England to the Tyne.
I'm now haeded to the west coast of Scotland and I'm going to follow it untill I have to turn around.
Then I'll head home.
So if you see someone on a recumbent trike + trailer in that area, it will probably be me .......... :whistle:

Luck ............ :biggrin:

GrahamG

Guru
HelenD123 said:
I hope you find some warmer weather than here Graham! Have a fantastic time.

I do too - although it's a really weird situation to be keeping fingers crossed that there's not a euro heatwave! We're generally OK but if it hits 35-40 then we'll be no good for anything when the road goes up.

Yellow7

Über Member
I'm riding to Cape Town, starting August 21st, head out across france & spain then ferry to Morocco for the 'main chunk'!!
Finish work July 30th, (handed my notice in 2 weeks back) & renting my house to a mates mate.

Still can't beleive i'm doing this!:smile:

Mark

HelenD123

Guru
Yellow7 said:
I'm riding to Cape Town, starting August 21st, head out across france & spain then ferry to Morocco for the 'main chunk'!!
Finish work July 30th, (handed my notice in 2 weeks back) & renting my house to a mates mate.

Still can't beleive i'm doing this!:smile:

Mark

Blimey:ohmy:. That's quite an adventure!

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Yellow7 said:

Still can't beleive i'm doing this!:cheers:

Mark

Wow! Good luck.

Yellow7

Über Member
Thanks. I've almost finsished my blog template, this has an active umapper.com map (or google-map) embedded & a slideshow of latest pics (when I start!), along with a few pages of interest. Just completing the charity page, for the WWF.

I'll announce the URL soon....

Mark :smile:

toekneep

Mrs TKP didn't fancy a conventional A to B tour but I don't like staying in the same place all the time. The compromise is we are cycling in a box and camping. The box has corners at Skipton, Harrogate, Richmond and Kirby Stephen. The idea is to explore the area more thoroughly than we might if we just passed through it and to spend one or two nights at a time in different places. Will it work? Who knows.

Hi all I was thinking this morning that I best pop in just to let you all know that im having fun going across Canada I started in Halifax and I am in Sault Ste Marie in Ontario at the moment and am going to San Fran. Im going to be heading upto Thunder Bay on the TCH (Hw17) tomorrow but how im going to do I dont know as there is a storm coming in! but saying that the last on that hit there was no worning and was not fun but this time there is going to be no cover apart from my tent. All in all its been grate I could quite happly live in the Bruce Peninsula.

Top Bottom