Where does your dog / cat sleep at night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I recall I was stupid enough to be sat in the pffice when the prisoner came in.

stephec

Legendary Member
maybe this explains the etymology of the word "dogging" - folk who like to be watched - which I have now and again idly wondered about.
It's to do with the phrase, 'I'm just taking the dog for a walk,' as an excuse to pop along to your local exhibitionist hot-spot, or so my mate says.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
When Dilys broke her leg as a pup I slept on the sofa with her in her cage for 2 weeks.
The sofa was too short for me. So in the end we both ended up on my bed.
We have remained there ever since.

I get the very edge of the bed…….

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
In the dog house tonight! I came back to my car today,opened the door and was hit with a stink.xx( Mutt had only gone and crapped on the passenger seat,where he always shits.:ohmy: Luckily i always sit him on an old towel,so the seat was ok.

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Benny enjoys a small throw blanket at the foot of the bed.

FB876D23-565C-4B04-B624-12ABE02FF8BB.jpeg

In the dog house tonight! I came back to my car today,opened the door and was hit with a stink.xx( Mutt had only gone and crapped on the passenger seat,where he always shits.:ohmy: Luckily i always sit him on an old towel,so the seat was ok.
No surprises there then if as you say "he always shoots" on the passenger seat. At least he has the good manners not to do it on the drivers seat ^_^

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
No surprises there then if as you say "he always shoots" on the passenger seat. At least he has the good manners not to do it on the drivers seat ^_^
He's crapped on the driver's seat as well!! :dry: Not in this car but the last one. Luckily i saw it before i sat down.:ohmy: Nowadays i put the back of the seat forward as i get out to go somewhere while he stays in the car, to stop him being able to shit on that seat.🧐

Mrs M

Guru
Interestingly, the dogs here that sleep in/on the owners beds are all of one type - sighthounds, Whipps, Greys, Salukis.

Whippets used to be called 'bedwarmers' as they were put into the kids beds to keep them (the children) warm (and also stop the dog freezing).
Whipps and Greyhounds lack underfur and fat to keep them warm, so you either need a warm house, pyjamas or your bed to keep them warm at nights. From what I've seen on Whippet discussions, most sleep on or in their owners beds or curled-up in front of a fire.
Neither can these dogs sleep on hard surfaces and have a natural desire to be high-up - it's part of their hunting instincts, so they constantly want to be on the sofa/chair, on the bed.
It's the nature of the beast....
Same as Vizsla’s 😊

Top Bottom