Where does your dog / cat sleep at night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
I hear you on our furry friends wanting to get on some cool floor. With the temp currently 35° and feeling like 37.8° here in the States the past few days, our kitties want Anything other than the carpeted floor. Their other choices are stone tile in the kitchen, hardwood floors in the living room, or a nice cool tub that they are in today, right now, midday. :heat:

AD0F6D53-7199-48D3-B71B-34BBC31296B5.jpeg

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Our 15 year old JR sleep on the bed.

iandg

Legendary Member
The cat finds a spot at the bottom of our bed where she won't be disturbed. The dogs generally sleep on their bed unless disturbed/spooked in which case the spaniel gets onto our bed and the terrier crawls under our bed.

Proto

Legendary Member
Another lurcher here.

We’ve given up and Lexie sleeps wherever she likes. Easily jumps a stair gate so gave up with that, so upstairs is not out of bounds. She’s got a proper bed in one of the bedrooms upstairs (and another in the kitchen, warmest room with Aga) but she will often come downstairs during the night and get on one of the sofas. If it’s cold she’ll nudge us awake then get under the duvet, which thankfully is winter time which is not tick season, as she seems to be a magnet for the little bastards.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Whilst we are discussing these lovable, albeit unsavoury ^_^, beasts are any of you bed-sharers dog-snoggers?

A quick Google seems to indicate that many owners of these arse-licking in lieu of Andrex critters, are routinely snogged by their owners. A double yuk from me.
I once arrested a chap for having sexual relations with his GSD. Gods honest truth. Bizarrely, it's section 69 of the sexual offences act, which seems odd as he'd been doing it, er, doggy.

But even the cleanest of the generally unclean lay on floors inside and out, greet other dogs muzzle to muzzle, get food around there muzzles and horror of horrors, have, being blunt, a foul arse area.

And, keeping it family friendly, what happens when you use the bedroom for some adult fun? Does the dog stay on the bed? Do you have to pre-plan and lock the dog in another part of house? And if spontaneity is your thing then 'hang on a moment darling I have to sort the dog out first' must be a Grade A passion killer.
maybe this explains the etymology of the word "dogging" - folk who like to be watched - which I have now and again idly wondered about.

Top Bottom