Where have all the anti-vaxxers gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Exactly which grade did you get in O level French, mon ami ????
Now this information is no longer embargoed under the 30 year rule, I am pleased to reveal I got an E pass overall, with F for the spoken part. I had to read something out with 50 in it, and *I didn't know what the French for fifty was. :biggrin:

*I still don't.

In the US, yet another sad case of an anti-vaxxer who changed his mind too late - but his family were so determined that he should not have died in vain that they offered testing and vaccinations to attendees at his funeral and during the wake, strongly supported by the church. The Independent.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Went for a walk with the kids round Derwent reservoir yesterday. Above the dam there's a single house tucked away in the trees. I don't know if it has or had any connection to the building or operation of the dam. Anyway, what sort of person might live in a house like that? Secluded, tucked away, removed from society with no surrounding community or contact with the outside world?

Someone with a noticeboard and access to a printer, that's who:

Yep, fully down the conspiracy theory whackjob rabbit hole. But... maybe they're right, maybe you don't need a vaccine if you live in a house in the woods in the middle of bloody nowhere* and never go out.

You've already isolated yourself you plum!

Still, it gave us an opportunity to talk to the 6yo about scientific skepticism and cynicism and not believing every wacky thing you read on the internet. TBH I think she was more interested in picking the wild raspberries.

*I may be projecting. It's isolated but a very popular place for walkers and cyclists. Hence the noticeboard I guess.

Last edited:

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
On Saturday evening I was in Sainsburys, walking down the 'World Foods' aisle I was confronted by a drunk bloke, with no mask, but with a £20 note.

He came up to me and started showing me the note and explaining how the symbols etc meant that the virus was known and that the secret sign of the person wearing a mask when you folded the note in a certain way etc etc. A full on drunk explanation of the way that people who had £20 notes were warned about the virus through the notes :wacko:

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Now this information is no longer embargoed under the 30 year rule, I am pleased to reveal I got an E pass overall, with F for the spoken part. I had to read something out with 50 in it, and *I didn't know what the French for fifty was. :biggrin:

*I still don't.
Sankontay... HTH.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
On Saturday evening I was in Sainsburys, walking down the 'World Foods' aisle I was confronted by a drunk bloke, with no mask, but with a £20 note.

He came up to me and started showing me the note and explaining how the symbols etc meant that the virus was known and that the secret sign of the person wearing a mask when you folded the note in a certain way etc etc. A full on drunk explanation of the way that people who had £20 notes were warned about the virus through the notes :wacko:

Where do you live - you seem to attract them - I shall avoid ! You've got more patience than I would have. :laugh:

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
In the US, yet another sad case of an anti-vaxxer who changed his mind too late - but his family were so determined that he should not have died in vain that they offered testing and vaccinations to attendees at his funeral and during the wake, strongly supported by the church. The Independent.
Natural selection at work....
Apologies for the empathy bypass, but I have little sadness for Anti-Vaxxers who die as a result of their stupidity. Their actions have led DIRECTLY to the deaths of many others and sadly will continue to do so.
There are conspiracy theories and rank stupidity, alternative opinions but not alternative facts.

Went for a walk with the kids round Derwent reservoir yesterday. Above the dam there's a single house tucked away in the trees. I don't know if it has or had any connection to the building or operation of the dam. Anyway, what sort of person might live in a house like that? Secluded, tucked away, removed from society with no surrounding community or contact with the outside world?

Someone with a noticeboard and access to a printer, that's who:

Yep, fully down the conspiracy theory whackjob rabbit hole. But... maybe they're right, maybe you don't need a vaccine if you live in a house in the woods in the middle of bloody nowhere* and never go out.

You've already isolated yourself you plum!

Still, it gave us an opportunity to talk to the 6yo about scientific skepticism and cynicism and not believing every wacky thing you believeon the internet. TBH I think she was more interested in picking the wild raspberries.

*I may be projecting. It's isolated but a very popular place for walkers and cyclists. Hence the noticeboard I guess.

Hmmm if it's that isolated I might be tempted to apply some mild vandalism or light graffiti to said noticeboard ... I peeled off a few stickers from noticeboards in the local park when I was out on my bike the other day, who needs to read about how 5G will get you or mask-wearers are conniving with the lizardmen, if they're interested in the information board about the reproduction of Black Poplars or where the Victorian bandstand used to be and the famous conductors who had been there?

Apparently they are currently protesting and trying to storm BBC Television Centre in London despite it having been turned into luxury flats years ago.

I guess they "did their research"

winjim

Smash the cistern
Hmmm if it's that isolated I might be tempted to apply some mild vandalism or light graffiti to said noticeboard ... I peeled off a few stickers from noticeboards in the local park when I was out on my bike the other day, who needs to read about how 5G will get you or mask-wearers are conniving with the lizardmen, if they're interested in the information board about the reproduction of Black Poplars or where the Victorian bandstand used to be and the famous conductors who had been there?
If it was in a public area or just flyposted you might have a point but it's actually on their property. And to be perfectly frank, I'm not sure I want to mess with someone who takes this sort of stuff seriously enough to have a glass fronted noticeboard next to their front gate.

Johnno260

Veteran
Apologies for the empathy bypass, but I have little sadness for Anti-Vaxxers who die as a result of their stupidity. Their actions have led DIRECTLY to the deaths of many others and sadly will continue to do so.
There are conspiracy theories and rank stupidity, alternative opinions but not alternative facts.

same I take a dim view of people purposely posting false information, some conspiracy’s can be laughed off flat earth as an example.

my relatives post false information and hate against NHS staff so they get the full wrath treatment I don’t care if they get offended as they don’t care.

Last edited:
I agree; my sympathy lay entirely with the family who had apparently tried - and failed - to persuade him, and I greatly admired their decision to make his wake and funeral focussed on vaccination - a memorial to someone they doubtless loved very much, who might so very easily been saved. Perhaps by his family's actions, a number of people who might not otherwise have been vaccinated, now have been.

If it was in a public area or just flyposted you might have a point but it's actually on their property. And to be perfectly frank, I'm not sure I want to mess with someone who takes this sort of stuff seriously enough to have a glass fronted noticeboard next to their front gate.
Did you hear banjo playing coming from inside the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom