Where is my friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zoiders

Please don't show your ignorance Zoiders.
It isn't just me who has noticed and commented about what went on so it's far from ignorance.

Other people read that thread and others leading up to it apart from just you.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It wasn't just me who has noticed and commented about on what went on so it's far from ignorance.

Other people read that thread and others apart from you.

I repeat as you seem to be hard of hearing. You have no idea why he was banned.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yet everyone saw one of the mods helping to wind him up and joining in with the playground bullying and then he was banned.

So why don't you enlighten us as to what really happened oh wise one.

one of the moderators helped wind-up AFS and then had him banned for fighting back.

Wrong.. next?

Zoiders

one of the moderators helped wind-up AFS and then had him banned for fighting back.

Wrong.. next?
You aren't wriggling out of this.

People saw it happen and you aren't providing a plausible explanation.

Ban AFS by all means if there is a genuine need for it if but don't try and fabricate a reason to ban him by picking on him to get a rise - which is what seems to have happened on the occasion.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You aren't wriggling out of this.

People saw it happen and you aren't providing a plausible explanation.

Ban AFS by all means if there is a genuine need for it if but don't try and fabricate a reason to ban him by picking on him to get a rise - which is what seems to have happened on the occasion.

An explanation does not have to be given Zoiders you know that.
You said a certain mod got him banned when you are in fact very wrong about that.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
"They" know...

AFS if you do read this (And I know you are ;) ) you are clearly one of those chap's who has had the courage to make a change in his life where so many others have failed, for that you deserve respect.

I dont agree with all of your views (but then I dont agree with many members views) and I'm sure you dont agree with all mine.

Take care

+1

Come back AFS :thumbsup:

A sound guy to have along on a forum ride . . . . fast fella, too !

rich p

ridiculous old lush
FFS, can't we let him rest in peace? Which is more than he let us :thumbsup:

pubrunner

Legendary Member
FFS, can't we let him rest in peace? Which is more than he let us :thumbsup:

No, 'cos we're a compassionate bunch ! - well, most of us are !

I met him and he was a really nice guy. Al-Fresco & I came down from Shropshire to do a CC ride in Hereford; he's now on the 'Friends' lists of both of us.

Neither Al nor I have many friends :cry: :cry: , so we can't afford to lose any.

Here's your opening Smeggers/TC/Dell/FM/User482//MacB/Canrider and . . . . . . . SRW :hello: etc - I expect to be overwhelmed by a glut of friends requests :welcome: :cheers:

I've said this before but it is impossible to post 'in anger' or indeed to get wound up so that a knee jerk reaction takes place on an internet forum. You need to take time to compose a reply and hit return, there is no 'but he wound me up so I had to say it'.
Someone was abusive to others, there may have been other things, but thats the main reason. Seems simple enough to me.

Shaun

Founder
AFS had a choice about how to respond on the thread and decided to "go out with a bang".

He had no intention of addressing his increasingly argumentative disposition and regardless of the Puppy thread his exit was inevitable. It would have been the next thread or the one after, but there was no going back.

He expressed as much in his PM to me.

I don't understand it, but I cannot allow people to remain on CC who continue to argue and abuse other CC'ers and who won't consider a reasonable request to back off, take a break from heated threads, and come back later with a cooler and more composed response (or even chose not to respond at all!!).

It is a shame when I have to remove anyone's access to CC. I don't take any pleasure from it. It goes against the grain of building a forum community, but it is - unfortunately - a necessary part of running forums.

Shaun

U

User482

It's Shaun's forum, and he can moderate it however he likes. On this issue, I agree with him entirely - AFS was asked to be less abusive, but chose to ignore this request.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
AFS had a choice about how to respond on the thread and decided to "go out with a bang".

He had no intention of addressing his increasingly argumentative disposition and regardless of the Puppy thread his exit was inevitable. It would have been the next thread or the one after, but there was no going back.

He expressed as much in his PM to me.

I don't understand it, but I cannot allow people to remain on CC who continue to argue and abuse other CC'ers and who won't consider a reasonable request to back off, take a break from heated threads, and come back later with a cooler and more composed response (or even chose not to respond at all!!).

It is a shame when I have to remove anyone's access to CC. I don't take any pleasure from it. It goes against the grain of building a forum community, but it is - unfortunately - a necessary part of running forums.

Shaun

Understood, and accepted.

But if you have his email address (which I guess you do) then please pass on our regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom