Where to travel on a bike Bucket List.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I want to tour the UK, I am considering a 4 or 5 week tour next year, maybe stretch it to 6 and include Ireland too. I would also like to attempt the Great Divide again if I can find someone compatible to ride it with. My buddy toured in Japan, it sounds wonderful, hadn't thought of Germany but now you mention it......

All uphill

Still rolling along
I would love to cycle across Europe from East to West along the outer limits of the settled Roman Empire.

Start here in Somerset, up through Wales, along Hadrian's wall, over to the Netherlands, Germany, and into areas where my history is very blurred. Maybe end in Istanbul.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I would love to cycle across Europe from East to West along the outer limits of the settled Roman Empire.

Start here in Somerset, up through Wales, along Hadrian's wall, over to the Netherlands, Germany, and into areas where my history is very blurred. Maybe end in Istanbul.
Isn't that West to East?

All uphill

Still rolling along
Isn't that West to East?
You are right of course! Good job it's only a dream at present...

I'd like to the Australia south coast from Perth to Sydney. I would take a eight weeks minimum, I don't want just go from start to finish, there are some beautiful sight to see along the way 2500-3000 miles
11 years ago I cycled Sydney-Melbourne-Adelaide following the coastal roads as much as possible taking 6 weeks. Perth to Adelaide is a monster journey through the Nullabor, so 8 weeks is ambitious (12 being more realistic) but would be a great trip.

I'd like to try Sydney up to Cairns, or even the top, one day, but I know my limitations these days.

But good luck. 👍

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
11 years ago I cycled Sydney-Melbourne-Adelaide following the coastal roads as much as possible taking 6 weeks. Perth to Adelaide is a monster journey through the Nullabor, so 8 weeks is ambitious (12 being more realistic) but would be a great trip.

I'd like to try Sydney up to Cairns, or even the top, one day, but I know my limitations these days.

But good luck. 👍
I've heard that the headwinds in the Nullarbor can be absolutely brutal.

I've heard that the headwinds in the Nullarbor can be absolutely brutal.
Yes, and very dusty, but mostly the winds are west to east.

I met a bloke in Adelaide who had just cycled across the Nullabor. Apart from everything else, he was carrying 40 litres (😳😳) of water on his bike. It's hot, dry and empty, but he said it was a fantastic experience.

Adam4868

Guru
Yes, and very dusty, but mostly the winds are west to east.

I met a bloke in Adelaide who had just cycled across the Nullabor. Apart from everything else, he was carrying 40 litres (😳😳) of water on his bike. It's hot, dry and empty, but he said it was a fantastic experience.
Took the train from Sydney to Perth many years ago and that was bad enough 😁 Be brutal on a bike.

Top Bottom