Where to travel on a bike Bucket List.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hoopdriver

Guru
I'd like to the Australia south coast from Perth to Sydney. I would take a eight weeks minimum, I don't want just go from start to finish, there are some beautiful sight to see along the way 2500-3000 miles
It's a great ride - if you do it, be sure to go down through the southwest, around Margaret River, Cape Leeuwin and Albany - absolutely gorgeous country and not really well known outside of Western Australia. The Nullarbor Plain is surprisingly interesting and not as difficult as people imagine - and nowhere near as tough as coming down the west coast of Australia from Darwin to Perth! After you dio the wine country around Adelaide you can either follow the Murray River upstream or huge the coast and go via Melbourne. Both are great routes.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I'd love to cycle through Europe then down through Africa to the Cape

Then get a boat back.

Or maybe the other way round.

The route could take a bit of working out, but sure it must be possible.

A year off to do it would come in handy too 🙏

hoopdriver

Guru
I'd love to cycle through Europe then down through Africa to the Cape

Then get a boat back.

Or maybe the other way round.

The route could take a bit of working out, but sure it must be possible.

A year off to do it would come in handy too 🙏
Getting a year off - or even many years off - is frighteningly easy to do these days....

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Getting a year off - or even many years off - is frighteningly easy to do these days....

Depends on circs.. But I'm working on it :whistle:

Having a farm to run, and a fairly packed teaching schedule makes it tricky.

But that just implies a 'system redesign' is in order

I'm getting much better at delegating nowadays.

That's my new 'super power'

Getting someone else to do that shoot, whilst I scoot off elsewhere ^_^

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I was thinking more of the pandemic-racked economy, mass joblessess and layoffs and the high probability than many people may never find regular work again...

Aaannd you've just reminded me of that other bit of work I've got on with the union

Enabling the creation of more and better jobs in a better food and farming system.

Still so much to do...
Thankfully there's a few of us on the case.. :smile:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I’d like to ride a fat bike on the moon, maybe touring between the bases, whilst watching Earthrise.

hoopdriver

Guru
I’d like to ride a fat bike on the moon, maybe touring between the bases, whilst watching Earthrise.
I cycled 'around the world' at the South Pole about twenty years ago when I was staying at the base there. I borrowed a MTB from one of the astrophysicists who used it to ride out to the astronomy observatory about half a mile away from The Dome (as the base was then) It was surely one of the strangest places I've ever ridden. The minus-70º wind chill was a treat... And the 10,000-foot elevation...And the scenery! If you looked away from the base there was nothing but a flat expanse of white ice and a great vaulted dome of hard blue sky.

Top Bottom