Where to travel on a bike Bucket List.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i am 60 in 15 mths. If Covid and all other factors allow I plan to do trans-USA (Eastern express from Washington DC to Colorado, then Trans Am to Oregon) or as an alternative London to Istanbul or possibly the other way round. Aiming to leave around Easter time.
sounds wonderful - hope you manage to pull it off - I'd be inclined to go for the Istanbul option in case things get complicated - you could always adapt plans on the fly. And avoids flying.

Adam4868

Guru
Nothing too exotic.
Over to Ireland and either Miz- Mal or Belfast , Dublin, Cork and Donegal
Sounds good.Usually go to in laws for Xmas and get to take a bike.Love the Mourne mountains,Ring of Gullion for cycling.
Obviously doubtful this year !

jay clock

Massive member
sounds wonderful - hope you manage to pull it off - I'd be inclined to go for the Istanbul option in case things get complicated - you could always adapt plans on the fly. And avoids flying.
i was actually thinking of flying one way. Easier to fly out and cycle back. To be frank the US one depends who is in charge

Nebulous

Guru
I had an acquaintance who shipped out his motorcycle to the states and spent months biking down the West Coast. I’ve no idea what it would be like - but have a gnawing sense of envy in the back of my head, and a feeling that I’d like to do it on a bike.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
More seriously I’d like to do some more riding in the Alps or Dolomites. Not really a bucket list to tick off. Just something I’ve enjoyed in the past and would like to do more of. Doesn’t even need to be the iconic passes. Often the smaller passes and lesser known roads are quieter and just as nice.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
More seriously I’d like to do some more riding in the Alps or Dolomites. Not really a bucket list to tick off. Just something I’ve enjoyed in the past and would like to do more of. Doesn’t even need to be the iconic passes. Often the smaller passes and lesser known roads are quieter and just as nice.

Like you I don't really have a bucket list, but cycling any mountain range anywhere would be great for me. I absolutely love the challenge of long hill/ mountain climbing.
But if I was to recommend then it would be the Pico da Valeta in the Sierra Nevada's in Spain, it's the highest paved road in Europe, which I did a few years back.
30 miles up, 30 miles down. Absolutely friggin stunning.

1603793461440.png

tomshooter

Oh I love the Dolomites! Such a unique landscape and a lifetime's worth of cycling to be done there.

Would be great to stay in Ryokans every night on a tour of Japan and sit in a hot spring after a long ride.
My Japanese GF took me to a very traditional Ryokan, way off any tourist path. She had to assure the manager that I was fully house trained in eating, bathing and esp footware conventions. The breakfast was a very traditional feast.

Top Bottom