Which CC member do you think you'd like to meet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
How about a CC social get together in 2022, say the 20th July at Noon... it's a Wednesday.

Somewhere central to everybody wherever they may live and easy to get to by rail... how about Birmingham?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes! Let’s all go for a walk together :-)
@potsy and I invited all of you out on a walk, but how many actually bothered to turn out...? :whistle:

C R

Guru
How about a CC social get together in 2022, say the 20th July at Noon... it's a Wednesday.

Somewhere central to everybody wherever they may live and easy to get to by rail... how about Birmingham?
That would be central for England. For the whole the island somewhere central would probably be closer to where you are. OTOH Birmingham suits me fine.

Archie_tect

That would be central for England. For the whole the island somewhere central would probably be closer to where you are. OTOH Birmingham suits me fine.
Apart from Globalti, there's not many north of Edinburgh/ Glasgow so Birmingham on the train's an easy journey from most places- reasonably flat too... takes about the same to get from Cornwall to Birmingham as Glasgow to Birmingham

Reactions: C R

Archie_tect

Sheffield? - too hilly,
Leeds? I'm from Leeds so that's a no...
York? Easy to get to on the east side!
Manchester? Like I said I'm from Leeds...

C R

Guru
Apart from Globalti, there's not many north of Edinburgh/ Glasgow so Birmingham on the train's an easy journey from most places- reasonably flat too... takes about the same to get from Cornwall to Birmingham as Glasgow to Birmingham
What about Leamington/ Warwick? Near enough Birmingham, but not very much like Birmingham. Also, if looking for weekends, not the 23rd or 24th, please?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Can do both ...
I couldn't...!

I don't drink booze these days, but when I still did I once called in at the Pack Horse Inn*** on Widdop Rd on the tops between Colne and Hebden Bridge. I only had a couple of pints but still almost smashed myself up on the steep twisty descent on the way home. I went tanking down into the righthand bend shown below and almost didn't make it...

:eek:

*** Oh - that pub is a casualty of Covid-19! :sad:

Top Bottom