Which CC member do you think you'd like to meet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

But if you think you would like to meet someone, that is the same as wanting to meet someone. The two questions are the same, which was my original point. Therefore, the “they think” bit is unnecessary.
Oh you do disappoint me. And, as I said upthread, I like to meet people who disappoint me.

There was such scope to debate the difference ;)

yello

Come think of it, the question is arguably well phrased. You're being asked on the basis of what you know so far (that is, from forum exchanges or whatever) whether you think you'd like to meet someone. The question, as it is phrased, allows for wiggle room, for you to revise your opinion.

Following your nomination, your favourite poster might post that they like hedgehog racing, or some such. You, a member of an anti-cruel sports group, change your mind.

Lozz360

Veteran
Oh you do disappoint me. And, as I said upthread, I like to meet people who disappoint me.

There was such scope to debate the difference ;)
Don’t let me put a stop to the debate. You do in fact have a good point. For instance I think I would like to meet you, but on the other hand, I might disappoint you in ways you can’t imagine! :okay:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
There is also the context in which you’d like to meet someone from this forum. When I’m out cycling I rather like just listening to the natural sounds of the environment I’m passing though. The call of a Red Kite, or a cuckoo or an owl , a sheep a cow or just the wind blowing across a hill. Some riders just like to witter on all the time, as if they need to fill in every gap in conversation with some words. Some riders can’t enjoy the silences I rather like when cycling. Where as in the pub I’m up for chatting about anything and everything over a pie and a pint. But riding with riders who seem to think you want to hear their monologue. No thanks.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
I think I would like to meet @Juan Kog but it has been said that when you’ve seen Juan Kog you’ve seen them all...
^_^

Be careful what you wish for , I do venture into Oxfordshire. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Lozz360

Veteran
View attachment 619428
Be careful what you wish for , I do venture into Oxfordshire. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
I wouldn’t venture here today. The weather is pretty shite.

I now realise your username is a reference to your single speed bike!

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
I wouldn’t venture here today. The weather is pretty shite.

I now realise your username is a reference to your single speed bike!
Unfortunately it’s bikes , there’s 2 more on fixed wheel and a shopper/ station bike with single freewheel.
Weather in Hertfordshire is c**p too.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I can't/do the blue alert link thingy to let them know I've posted about them, but I'm sure they'll see this.
Ok, here goes and not in any particular order, but maybe the one's I think of most when posting and reading (mostly in regard rather than disdain;)) are these.
Drago
The Claud
Vickster
Rocky..where is he by the way?
Shep from W@n..hampton as he's got me calling it now, after he's bugged me for quite a while.:hello:
Fnarrr
Stephec
Er... I think I'm washing my hair that day.

Top Bottom