Which CC member do you think you'd like to meet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Nothing to stop you organising ;)
There's a CC meet up sub forum
https://www.cyclechat.net/forums/cyclechat-recreational-rides.47/
I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip.

yello

Before the Grand Flounce

I've read a couple of mentions of this now, but I'm none the wiser. It must have occurred during one of my periods away - but I don't recall when it was. I do remember coming back one time to find the mood had changed and a number of posters (who had started to wind me up and perhaps even prompted me taking a break!) were gone. Try as I might, I cannot now remember those names.

classic33

Leg End Member
Ditto, but I'm not sure the one we have on here now is the one I'm thinking of. They were a one of a kind, the kind of person I like precisely because of their left field ideas.

Jimbo_thingy was very knowledgeable, more of an old school cyclist, and full of weird and wonderful ideas and opinions. I really liked his perspective. I think he got banned for angering someone once too often.

Tbh, I don't usually remember the names. I tend just to read posts and it takes a fairly distinctive style or tone of voice for me to begin to take note of the 'who'.
It was the same bonj on C+ as on here.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I've read a couple of mentions of this now, but I'm none the wiser. It must have occurred during one of my periods away - but I don't recall when it was. I do remember coming back one time to find the mood had changed and a number of posters (who had started to wind me up and perhaps even prompted me taking a break!) were gone. Try as I might, I cannot now remember those names.

But imagine still being spoken about in such 'fearful' tones .

What a legacy...

I turned up here not long after all that had 'gone down'

As the kids might still say... ??

Apparently I was even suspected of being one of them returning 'undercover':rolleyes:

Can you imagine..??

A fwuffy wuffy little pussy cat like me :okay:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It was the same bonj on C+ as on here.
Ah C+ , that was it. Yes, I must have gotten to 'know' bonj from there. The was a dearth of posts on here from them so I wasn't sure. Thanks :okay:
I actually met 'bonj' on a couple of rides. Reading his crazy posts on here would never prepare you for what he was like in person...

yello

I actually met 'bonj' on a couple of rides. Reading his crazy posts on here would never prepare you for what he was like in person...
Yes, I have a vague recollection of you posting of your meeting him too. Wasn't he quite mild mannered and quiet?

yello

Imagine being such an obnoxious walloper that, years after you've gone, people see you as the gold standard in walloperness and wannabe wallopers are measured against that.
I personally don't have anyone in that category. I remember some names with a fondness but, as I said, not otherwise... and I really am, out of curiosity, trying to rack my brains over one particular poster but the name will not come! :laugh:

I think I would have liked to have met @Crackle too.... ah, I see they've gone as well.

yello

Jimbo_thingy was very knowledgeable, more of an old school cyclist, and full of weird and wonderful ideas and opinions. I really liked his perspective. I think he got banned for angering someone once too often.

@BrumJim it's not you is it?! I hope I've not outed you! :laugh:

You never did tell me what your avatar was! A green alien type thing of some sort. I was so close to remembering but it just kept staying out of recall range!

Edit: as I recall jimbo? was from Birmingham somwhere.

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes, I have a vague recollection of you posting of your meeting him too. Wasn't he quite mild mannered and quiet?
He was. I was expecting some kind of lunatic, but he was polite, friendly, quiet to the point of shyness, and fit! He stayed on the fringes of the group for a while and eventually rode away from us, not to be seen again that day.

Top Bottom