Which headset for ridgeback cylcone hybrid ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Spend a fraction more, get an FSA Pig or Fat pig. Nigh on indestructible, easy to service, and good value. Buy cheap, and you'll be buying again before long. They're designed for BMX's and DH bikes so can handle a hammering, and don't cost the Earth. Some people will pay a ton or more for a Chris King that's no better.

Edit - a tenner off here. http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/HSFSPIG/fsa-the-pig-headset

I run one on my Alpinestars, and it's proven to be slick and robust.
I had a bike nicked and when describing it to the police told him it had an unusual headset fitted with PIG in big letters written on it, I think he thought I was taking the mickey.

the snail

Guru
My ridgeback supernova's top head set bearing failed.Went to lbs with the cage (or what was left of it).the shop is a ridgeback supplier but he said there are a few possibilities so gave me some loose bearings f.o.c.And I rebuilt it using them but not 100 % happy with it.
No problems but seems to need constant adjustment.
Put plenty of grease in on assembly but would really like to renew with caged sets.
How would I go about it?
No point in fitting caged bearings, they don't work any better than loose ones. If new bearings didn't fix it then you probably need to replace the headset.

Top Bottom