Which Nutters cycled in then......?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
fossyant said:
Ooh, which ones.....

I'm thinking of using the TPT to get most of the way into work, which means about 2 miles road, then TPT then another mile at the end.

TPT ;)?

Woke up, looked out the window, everything encased in a thick layer of ice, so slipped back beneath the warm duvet. Everything where the sun hasn't yet reached is still covered in thick ice. Tis collllllld.

Friday night will be the killer cold night. The forecast predicts a drop to -19C in Haltwhistle, Lake District. Yikes.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/GB/forecast

JsfWitney

-6 in West Oxfordshire. Used my mountain bike instead of the Surly and just took it easy. My glasses steamed up and then froze so had to do without, and the freewheel seemed to slip a bit - just too cold I guess. By the time I reached Oxford my feet were getting cold, despite wearing wooly boolies, Shimano winter boots and overshoes.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Took it very gently, watching the layer of frost that had formed on the front wheel.
A little bit slippery through the back streets of Neasden, and I guess the temp must've been well below zero, as I'd by then lost all feeling in 3rd and 4th fingers (despite outer and liner gloves).
Dammit, I need to get that Christmas extra weight off.

bad boy

Über Member
Yep me too, although not too bad in London road wise but very cold my fingers especially my thumbs were numb.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I rode in slowly today. Did my first (nearly) 60 miler yesterday and it was hard: below freezing temps and I'd not been on the bike for nearly 3 weeks. Loved every minute of it though (apart from the bits I hated). Got to work and my lock was frozen. I'm also thinking about some treaded tyres for the commuter until the weather gets better, going down the local recycle-bike place tomorrow to see if they've got some cheapies.

Armegatron

Took a week off work so I could get some nice rides done all week. The weather is conspiring against me and after my last 20 miler in what felt like -2 temps, I cant hack being out that long in the cold temps. :smile:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
fossyant said:
Trans Pennine Trail - no slidey cars to contend with..... just so happens I can access it near home and near work.... (if my spiked tyres come)...

That would be a dream commute for me not having the extra worry of a car running me over if i came off.Cracking trail !

Not back until tomorrow, but i'll be on the mountain bike sticking to the roads though my off road route is extremely icy.

Not doubt the boss (who is a fair weather cyclist) will tell me im mad and how dangerous the roads are, dispite the fact hes never rode on them!

Origamist

Legendary Member
-2 when I set off this morning, but thankfully no ice. There were lots of new potholes and fissures however - I'm going to report the worst of them this evening.

Top Bottom