1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which one of Evans clearance bikes would you choose?

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Slick, 2 Feb 2018.

Tags:
  1. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Isn't your budget 1k? Do you actually want discs (doesn't your Eq have them for the wet weather commuting)

Don't buy a bike that's not right just because it's what the shop has!

No bargain Giants at Cyclesurgery?

2. vickster

Or you don't see too many Wiliers around...this would be £1500 with the extra 10% off (you have 4 hours to make a snap purchase :biggrin:)

https://www.cyclesurgery.com/p/wilier-gtr-sl-ultegra-race-2016-Q2214071.html?colour=3592

Obviously distance selling rules apply if not good

Slick likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Slick

Slick Über Member

I've always said I could add to it for the right bike. Discs are not essential as this bike is not for wet weather commuting. (the eq is perfect for this) The fact it had discs, was neither here nor there for me being honest. There are a few bargains at cycle surgery but I was trying to get a run on a couple to see what suits.
    Difficult to get a bike without discs now. 20171212_173253.jpg

4. OP
    OP
    Slick

Slick Über Member

Does look a belter. One thing I learned today, every bike feels different. Not sure I would buy without trying first.

Newcastle is my nearest store.

5. vickster

Don't think there is an extra discount on the Wilier

You don't really buy when buying online ultimately, you have what 56 days to pay for it. The Wilier is click and collect. You can test ride then. That said a right faff if the store isn't local

6. OP
    OP
    Slick

Slick Über Member

Yeah, a right faff.
    I still like the genesis, if he could get me the right size and different colour, obviously.

The Orbea is selling well, apparently, but didn't feel just as nice.

7. OP
    OP
    Slick

Slick Über Member

Same with cyclesurgery, nearest store is Newcastle, but at least I could try out a giant elsewhere.

8. vickster

I'd ring around local shops and see what they have in your price range and if they take your C2W scheme (+cash if needed)

Slick likes this.
  9. jahlive905

jahlive905 Active Member

Yes, that's true. Although they're good guys so you can have a conversation. I think I got it down to about 7.5%.

Slick and vickster like this.