Which one of Evans clearance bikes would you choose?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Isn't your budget 1k? Do you actually want discs (doesn't your Eq have them for the wet weather commuting)

Don't buy a bike that's not right just because it's what the shop has!

No bargain Giants at Cyclesurgery?
I've always said I could add to it for the right bike. Discs are not essential as this bike is not for wet weather commuting. (the eq is perfect for this) The fact it had discs, was neither here nor there for me being honest. There are a few bargains at cycle surgery but I was trying to get a run on a couple to see what suits.
Difficult to get a bike without discs now.
20171212_173253.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
Does look a belter. One thing I learned today, every bike feels different. Not sure I would buy without trying first.

Newcastle is my nearest store.
Don't think there is an extra discount on the Wilier

You don't really buy when buying online ultimately, you have what 56 days to pay for it. The Wilier is click and collect. You can test ride then. That said a right faff if the store isn't local

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Don't think there is an extra discount on the Wilier

You don't really buy when buying online ultimately, you have what 56 days to pay for it. The Wilier is click and collect. You can test ride then. That said a right faff if the store isn't local
Yeah, a right faff.
I still like the genesis, if he could get me the right size and different colour, obviously.

The Orbea is selling well, apparently, but didn't feel just as nice.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Same with cyclesurgery, nearest store is Newcastle, but at least I could try out a giant elsewhere.

vickster

Legendary Member
I'd ring around local shops and see what they have in your price range and if they take your C2W scheme (+cash if needed)

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
That was a bit of an epic mission on which bike to go for and in the end went for this Genesis Datum 20.:wahhey:

Thanks for all the advice and links, it was much appreciated.:thumbsup:

20180323_180120.jpg

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Frame colour great. Hydro hoods fugly as!! xx(
Ha ha, can't argue with that and may take either a bit of getting used to or some alteration, but I think I may just have over rotated the bars putting it together tonight. I'll pick up new pedals tomorrow and have a play about with that to see if I can't improve it any.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ha ha, can't argue with that and may take either a bit of getting used to or some alteration, but I think I may just have over rotated the bars putting it together tonight. I'll pick up new pedals tomorrow and have a play about with that to see if I can't improve it any.
Not much you can do, they are simply a hideous abomination! Ditch for Dura Ace ;)

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Not much you can do, they are simply a hideous abomination! Ditch for Dura Ace ;)
Yeah, maybe. I'm willing to live with it for a while to see how I feel in a month or two. I like the extra width and length of the bars compared to the EQ but obviously the first few rides will decide.:thumbsup:

You need a shortlist...seriously

Your C2W provider will also limit your options
Agree...shortist but based on what feels good after a ride...CTW limits options and a commercial decision which as we all know is head ruling heart...think dog tired, 20k home in headwind easy!

Top Bottom