Which one of Evans clearance bikes would you choose?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Focus are nice bikes, and not too common
Or an Orbea?
I did notice a few Orbeas on here but recko ed you had to shell out to get a similar quality of others. Any Focus I noticed was the opposite end of the scale.

https://www.sprocketscycles.com/bikes-frames/road-bikes/carbon-road-bikes

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Another good choice, the list is just getting bigger instead of smaller.

I did laugh at this though.

The rear end's slim seat stays are designed so that they reduce the impact of shocks from the road surface to the rider. This advantage is seen most on longer rides, increasing comfort and reducing the symptoms of fatigue and tension, allowing you to ride further and faster without some of the lasting soreness the next day.

Almost bought it on the spot.:laugh:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
The rear end's slim seat stays are designed so that they reduce the impact of shocks from the road surface to the rider. This advantage is seen most on longer rides, increasing comfort and reducing the symptoms of fatigue and tension, allowing you to ride further and faster without some of the lasting soreness the next day.

Almost bought it on the spot.:laugh:

For true ride comfort you need Giant's "innovative D-Fuse composite seatpost" which "reduces road vibrations for a smoother, more efficient ride." ;)

bpsmith

Veteran
I love the fact that we all ask for something different on a forum. Reality is that something different is actually different dependent on your location.

There are loads of Gusnts around here, based on there being a Giant shop at the enterprise park.

My Brother just bought a Trek, which I love, and have never seen another Trek in the roads locally. Others on here say they’d never have one as so many around.

Focus was just mentioned by @vickster as being good but not many around. There are actually loads of those around nd my area.

Very curios how rareness varies geographically.

vickster

Legendary Member
I love the fact that we all ask for something different on a forum. Reality is that something different is actually different dependent on your location.

There are loads of Gusnts around here, based on there being a Giant shop at the enterprise park.

My Brother just bought a Trek, which I love, and have never seen another Trek in the roads locally. Others on here say they’d never have one as so many around.

Focus was just mentioned by @vickster as being good but not many around. There are actually loads of those around nd my area.

Very curios how rareness varies geographically.
Some brands really are quite rare though...mostly not available new on C2W however :whistle:

Pearsons are a mile from here (and have been for 150 years), I might see one on a weekend...plus the one about 8 foot from me on the TT :laugh:

In 6 years since getting mine, I've probably seen no more than five other Paves

Last edited:

bpsmith

Veteran
Some brands really are quite rare though...mostly not available new on C2W however :whistle:

Pearsons are a mile from here (and have been for 150 years), I might see one on a weekend...plus the one about 8 foot from me on the TT :laugh:

In 6 years since getting mine, I've probably seen no more than five other Paves
Totally agree. There are a few brands that will always be rare out there.

Ironically that’s Trek around my way. Never seen one on the road. That makes it rather than Pearson on that basis.

Reality is, that’s not really the case for obvious reasons, but it is around here at the present time.

My Brother gets his at the end of the month, so that will no longer be true.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Totally agree. There are a few brands that will always be rare out there.

Ironically that’s Trek around my way. Never seen one on the road. That makes it rather than Pearson on that basis.

Reality is, that’s not really the case for obvious reasons, but it is around here at the present time.

My Brother gets his at the end of the month, so that will no longer be true.
I know what you mean, but something a bit different within the circles that I operate in would be fine by me.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
What brands can you access locally. Nothing from Evans is going to be especially different (if it's any good)
I think I've come to the conclusion I'm not going to Evans.
It's the usual selection of bike shops round here, but I think there won't be many that can't be sourced.

That bike you recommended last year came through my local bike shop, and I'm confident if I was to show him what I wanted he would get it.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Went to the bike shop today, but not sure if I made any progress or not.

I liked this, and could have it in any size and colour I wanted as long as it was a medium black. The usual salesman patter tried to say it was just more aggressive. It did feel comfortable on the drops but also felt squashed. It wasn't the same shop as the link, and they only wanted £1500 for it.

https://www.dalescycles.com/genesis...bN2gVPflPrzJScaXh6BCHSiS4yTNXIUBoCoXEQAvD_BwE

This was their suggestion for £2200. The 55 felt lime a better fit, but they reckoned to get anywhere close to my favoured Genesis Equilibrium, I would need to go to XXL.:eek:

https://www.cyclesurgery.com/p/orbe...ktr1Bz94_rn2qce9UHhoC9D0QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

To be fair, they have offered me a bike fit and an Orbea for an overnight demo.

vickster

Legendary Member
Isn't your budget 1k? Do you actually want discs (doesn't your Eq have them for the wet weather commuting)

Don't buy a bike that's not right just because it's what the shop has!

No bargain Giants at Cyclesurgery?

Top Bottom