Which one of Evans clearance bikes would you choose?

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Slick, 2 Feb 2018.

Tags:
  1. OP
    OP
    Slick

Slick Veteran

2. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Rutland don’t have the best rep if you can buy elsewhere?

Slick likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Slick

Slick Veteran

Starting to get to the nitty gritty now. Aluminium v Carbon. Which is best from that 3?

4. OP
    OP
    Slick

Slick Veteran

I reckon my Lbs would source one for me. That's what happened last year with the equilibrium from Wigan iirc.

5. vickster

Only you can answer that question. Best is completely subjective and could mean anything

I'd get the Genesis because it's not a Giant ;)

Slick likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Slick

Slick Veteran

What about purely value?

7. vickster

Oh and hydro disc brifters are no good to me and are a f'ugly abomination on a bike!

Slick likes this.
  8. vickster

Define value

Can you go test ride them all?

9. OP
    OP
    Slick

Slick Veteran

Bang for buck, quality of components and frame. I suppose it's like comparing apples and oranges. I could definitely get a run on the genesis but not sure about the other two.

10. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Never used Über Member

I genuinely rate the Giant Contend SL1 Disc - I haven't ridden any of my other bike since I collected it and it might be my favourite bike, although I really need to ride it back to back with my "best" carbon bike first before making that sort of statement. It really is that good.

In purely value for money terms its hard to look past that Giant Defy Advanced 3 at the money though - if it's the right bike for you it's an absolute steal at that price.

Rude! :laugh:

Slick likes this.
  11. vickster

It's just different, I don't think I've ever seen a Zero in the wilds. This weekend if out around here I'll likely see a dozen Giants. Good bikes, hence popular with the MAMIL set ...but not different and interesting

12. OP
    OP
    Slick

Slick Veteran

Thanks for all the tips and advice. I reckon I'll get a run on the Genesis on Sunday and mull over the Giant. I am a bit like @vickster in respect to looking for something a bit different but I already own a Genesis that I think is brilliant.

My heads starting to hurt.

NorthernDave likes this.
  13. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Never used Über Member

You don't see too many Giants round here - every other bike seems to be either a Spesh or a Cannonball

14. vickster

Yep wouldn't have one of those either.

NorthernDave likes this.
  15. vickster

Focus are nice bikes, and not too common
    Or an Orbea?

Last edited: 2 Feb 2018
    Slick likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice