Who are your most favourite or least favourite TV Chefs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doseone

Guru
Unimaginative I know, but Stein and Oliver for me. Their recipes are doable.

Least favourite - never really got on with Nigel Slaters stuff.

OP
OP
Manonabike

Manonabike

Über Member
Yebbut, they can (or at least could) actually cook!

Yes, I grant you that but I still don't like him. Whenever I see Gordon I feel like "If I was only 15 - 20 years younger I'd have loved to cook for him" ^_^ Heston just doesn't interest me at all. Gary's cooking makes me feel sick ^_^ he uses oil and butter in buckets.

Somebody mentioned the hairy bikers...... I don't know about you but they look dirty to me and for that reason their food doesn't seem very appetising :smile:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Oh yeh forgot about him..... "Making use of the stuff you happen to have laying about in your larder"

Yerr right, only if your a millionaire yoghurt munching guardianista. tosser.

I'm gonna check him out, was wondering what to make of the lobster I've got in the fridge and the thermidors hanging about the pantry. Better pop the cork on that 1811 Chateaux d'Yquem.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I have zero interest in watching cooks on tv, but I rate Jamie Oliver massively, both as a person and for what he's achieved for Britain's kids, and I've always loathed Anthony Worral-Shoplifter. Not terribly original, I know, but what the hell.

AWT is a utter utter cockfarmer, along with James Martin. Gary Rhodes really winds me up for his ridiculous voice that he puts on when he gets.... over-involved with his food. Can't be doing with Hairy Bikers, too....matey? Amateurish? Not sure but no.

oH yeah and GREG WALLACE IS NOT A CHEF, JUST A GREEDY, SMUG GROCER.

Heston's awesome though, and his recipes do work, you just have to work at them, I happen to enjoy that.
Rick Stein is a lucky bugger, but I think he knows it and so, he gets on with it and makes good TV
Floyd was a real hero, and not just because he was the spitting image of my dad.
Anthony Bourdain is also fantastic, but he's more of a travel dude now. See also Andrew Zimmern.

I'm going to post this now and then remember a gazillion other chefs I really like - like yeah, fair do's to Jamie O - his early show's "look at my trendy friends" bits were just awful, but he does a simple meal well, we use his cookbooks a lot and his work on kids' school meal is highly admirable.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Can't really say I've got a favourite - it's a while since I was any cooking programmes.
Jamie's enthusiasm in his younger days was fun, but got a bit wearing.
I could watch Nigella licking her fingers all day.
And Gordon Ramsey, well, he's got a face one could never tire of punching.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
A friend of mine once waited the better part of an hour at one of Floyd's succession of unsuccessful restaurants before the swing doors to the kitchens swung open and KF emerged with a dozen or so bottles of champagne in his arms. "Sorry everyone," he announced, "too drunk to cook", staggered around depositing a bottle on each table, then disappeared back through the doors, never to be seen again.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I like Hugh F-W and Nigella, they are some of the TV cookbooks that I use most regularly. And the worst would have to be the one that wears those Black and white checked aprons .... his food was usually so complicated, requiring you to produce about 4 separate sort of dishes to pull together to make one pudding. Too much effort for home cooking, that is why I would go out to eat.

Top Bottom