Who are your most favourite or least favourite TV Chefs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

Ooh, they drive motorbikes and have big beards and beerguts,...

I used to quite like the Two Fat Ladies.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I regularly drool over Nigella's dumplings. ;) And I'd love to try her beef fajitas.

Also I have a Jamie Oliver app on my phone, and the more people deride him,.the more I'm willing to defend him.

-----------------------------------
Sent mobile phone stylee

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I prefer to watch ethnic food chefs. I always liked Ken Hom. Ching He Huang and Anjum Anand make their recipies easy to follow, plus they are nice on the eye :whistle: . Luke Nguyen's Vietnamese cooking is good too.

Another tick for Anthony Bourdain. I do like his cooking/travel series.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
She wasn't great on telly but if you want a source of recipes that just work, every single time, you can't beat Delia.
Never think to yourself, "Ooh, I'll just add a bit more of this" , or "I'll leave it in another ten minutes" as you'll only cock it up.

As we say in our house, never mess with Delia.

GC

U

User169

I regularly drool over Nigella's dumplings. ;) And I'd love to try her beef fajitas.

She wasn't great on telly but if you want a source of recipes that just work, every single time, you can't beat Delia.
Never think to yourself, "Ooh, I'll just add a bit more of this" , or "I'll leave it in another ten minutes" as you'll only cock it up.

As we say in our house, never mess with Delia.

GC

It was once said that she was the older mans ideal women - can cook well and likes football

Ramsey is a disgrace to the human species, I'd like nothing better than to see one of his victims ram a grenade up his a**e and pull the pin. Broadcasting his vile behaviour seems to legitimise that sort of bullying nastiness and the plug should be pulled on him yesterday. Come the revolution that git will be standing against the wall next to that other complete waste of air, Cl*****n, while I'm manning the bmg.

Apart from him I don't like AWT, not least because he slagged off Saint Delia, but he really should do a cookbook entitled "Meals made from Ingredients that fell into my shopping bag one day", could be a best seller. Or maybe, "Cooking for Hobbits" as he always reminds me of some Tolkienesk character.

Like Jamie simply because of what he tried to do for school food, loved the bemused look on his face when the yanks wouldn't buy in to his ideas, more fool them.

Huge Furry-Shittingstool amuses me, quite like his use of local stuff in novel ways but I can't help feeling it's all a bit middle class prententiousness.

Can't be bothered with the rest and I don't watch any of them these days, my diet is unadventurous and being a grumpy old fart I tend to stick to my old favourites.

G

Top Bottom