Who's from the old C+ site??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thejonesy

Hi everyone, moved over from C+ although I'd only joined about a month ago! In that short time I've enjoyed reading the posts and advice given.
Bike Radar is too big and too much bad karma going on there, shame really as I enjoy all forms of cycling.
Incidentally does anyone know how I get my account deleted off the bikeradar site? (off topic, sorry!)

habibi

thejonesy said:
does anyone know how I get my account deleted off the bikeradar site?

just pop over to BR and change your "location" to www.cyclechat.co.uk

that was sufficient for me

Danny

Legendary Member
thejonesy said:
Incidentally does anyone know how I get my account deleted off the bikeradar site? (off topic, sorry!)

I seemed to have been locked out after starting a critical thread - could of course have been a random gremlin at work :?:

steve23

i have made the move too.

the bike radar site is bloody awful, far too much going on!

this site seems much better, very clear to read, and not full of junk!!!

Mea Culpa

I'm from C+.............different user name though.

Tried to login to BR with my old C+ user name and no joy. Tried to register a new account, but conflict with email address.

Abandoned that and came here - seems like a good place! Only suggestion would be to order the 'posts since last visit' section by forum area (a la 'Active Topics' on C+.

got-to-get-fit

Now.....this is much better.....more cosy, more colourful, more homely........just better!

I feel settled again.

mmoo

aha, somewhere new to lurk

Seems like a nice place, will hang about and see about some posting now I'm back at work.

I ended up at C+ after tracking down [stalking!] some of the BHPC/Velovision/HPV crowd and learned a lot about lots of things so sorry to see it go but everybody is here or at the other other-place.

sykes

Found you all at last! I was frequent visiter to c+ (ds30) was a bit bemused when i logged on after being away and it was all locked, went to the new bike radar site and it was a bit like being the first person at a party no one i recognized.
This forum is allot better! :eek: look forward to posting with u all soon.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Mea Culpa said:
I'm from C+.............different user name though.

Tried to login to BR with my old C+ user name and no joy. Tried to register a new account, but conflict with email address.

Try logging on as
  1. CP

The BikeRadar forum is an amalgamation of 4(?) old forums. If the same username existed on more than one of the old forums, they added a suffix to denote which forum the user was from.
    Thus RacerChap from the C+ forum became RacerChapCP, and RacerChap from the ProCycling forum became RacerChapPC.

This has happened even where the user on one of the forums was apparently defunct. I would hope that they checked email addresses to check that the 2 users weren't obviously the same person.
    Some people have managed to get their original username back by kicking up a fuss.

Tynan

Veteran
present

I'd barely got started on the C+ site, didn't take to it closing at al well

Tried BR and didn't take to it, blatantly MTB related, commercial too

JonBurns

Yep I've given BR a go but it's just not an enjoyable read at the mo' there just doesn't seem to be as many people posting interesting threads and it doesn't have the friendly banter that was the old C+ forum.

Ah well I'll keep a foot in both camps for a while I reckon and see what happens.

Hello everyone (by the way)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom