Who's riding Christmas Day?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Started the trend when my sister was inspired to buy a bike post Wiggo TDF and we went out for a wee one before food :smile:

Last year was an icy 30odd solo MTB, this year looks like a wind battered 50-60.

Depends how long my new garmin takes to charge :biggrin:

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Nope. I shall be told what to do, dragged around, forced into being sociable and generally kept busy all day long. Today are my last rides of the year...unless I get bored at some point...which is likely...but not on Chrimbo day.

KneesUp

Guru
Nope. I shall be told what to do, dragged around, forced into being sociable and generally kept busy all day long. Today are my last rides of the year...unless I get bored at some point...which is likely...but not on Chrimbo day.
I'm the same - I'm too ill to commute today and tomorrow (I've got a bad cough, and cold air makes it worse) and then it's family duties until New Years Eve - which involves being at the other end of the country. I'll try and fit a bike in the car, but even if I do, I doubt I'll get chance to ride it!

bpsmith

Veteran
My Christmas break riding is looking dodgy. Can't breathe, swallow or balance with this sinus and chest infection!

Antibiotics not really hitting the mark yet...

vickster

Legendary Member
I would take any sort of garmin calorie measurement with a very large dose of salt. Estimate 30 cals per mile, 40 if very hilly and really pushing it! Strava is closer, my garmin measures double that estimate!

bpsmith

Veteran
Im out also
going to burn 1000 calories(according to my garmin) and hopefully sneak off at sometime to watch back to back Homeland tv show with a tin of roses!
I am up to date on Homeland, so can tell you the end of you would prefer to ride for longer? :smile:

I would take any sort of garmin calorie measurement with a very large dose of salt. Estimate 30 cals per mile, 40 if very hilly and really pushing it! Strava is closer, my garmin measures double that estimate!
Thanks for that I did wonder how accurate it was I found if I do 24 miles the garmin would read 1000cal to be fair its fairly hilly(for Essex) but maybe its nearer 750 cals

I don't know if I'll be riding Christmas day now, temps are dropping and I've strained my calf; probably done rushing to our club meet point after a flat (514ft in 4.2miles); it probably wasn't wise in hindsight to do another 65miles after. I'll see how it feels in the morning but I think I'd rather go out with the club on boxing day :sad:

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
I'm still planning on getting out...could be icy though so may not get to do the ride I want...I might find myself doing hill reps and laps on safe terrain to get the milage up and bank the calories for dinner...and everything else... nom nom nom

Top Bottom