Who's Still Commuting?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stevie Mcluskey

Über Member
Managed to keep going thro' the winter so far. In today then a wee break until working the 27th & 28th hopefully with bike as transport. Found it not too bad so far , one cold spell with the roads a bit dodgy with ice but mostly wet and manageable for the most part. Not even used my scooter in last three months resulting in flat battery :sad:
Fed up with a few back p&nct@res in the last few weeks so new set of tyres on last night.Good excuse for taking it easy today scrubbing them in on the wet.

subaqua

What’s the point
wish i had commuted by bike today. Jubilee line hell. Central line rammed. i hate not riding. plus the ride may well have cleared the monstrous hangover i currently have

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I went out late Today (the Bosses are all out, for Christmas now). Plenty of traffic but probably not as bad as it would normally be at that time. A fair few cyclists and once again it seemed to be less 'serious' ones :tongue:

I am toying with the idea of a cheeky ride around the city at lunchtime and toying further still, with the idea of not coming back! I might nip back in the check my e-mails but plan on being out of here by 2pm latest! Extended ride home maybe... it's quite a nice day (relative to the rest of December).

:bicycle::santa:

I rode up part of a deserted CS7 this morning. Mind you, not many cars there or on Embankment (relatively), so it was a swift ride, and a completely frivolous 6km extra. Three more commutes this year, and this evening, I'm hoping to get a long(er) one in. This feels like a Christmas present to myself.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
One ride home left for the year now. This mornings ride in saw me break 300 miles for December, if I can average 100 miles a week for next year I will be well chuffed with myself.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
wish i had commuted by bike today. Jubilee line hell. Central line rammed. i hate not riding. plus the ride may well have cleared the monstrous hangover i currently have

Not sure what to use on my Sunday commute,whether it'd be the (one braked) fixie (look at me) or the fantastic Audax.Fixie has just been repaired and needs a testrun.

normskirus

Veteran
Last commute of 2012 at 4:30pm - 21/12/12. Same its a bit on the grey/driech side. First commute of 2013 will be on 4th of Jan.

Merry Xmas everyone.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Thats it !
Last commute was 3 am this morning , managed to get a flat on the way in :sad:
Now i need to regrease the hubs although i am thinking of using the cxp 22`s on the commuter, will they take the weight as i do have 2 panniers .

I rode up part of a deserted CS7 this morning. Mind you, not many cars there or on Embankment (relatively), so it was a swift ride, and a completely frivolous 6km extra. Three more commutes this year, and this evening, I'm hoping to get a long(er) one in. This feels like a Christmas present to myself.

I managed 50km home last night, including a circuit of Richmond Park in the dark. Glorious night with a clear sky.

Just Monday left to commute this year. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll round up to 25km each way if I can. I'll only go through RP if the weather's OK. And just over Spankers Hill, not a complete circuit.

Hey, what just happened? Did you all just talk me into a longer ride?

Last commute of the year yesterday. Bit of a rotten day - started with a puncture before I left home. Then I had a dragging brake and a headwind on the way home. Still clocked up 50km for the ride. Made 7027km of commute this year - approx half my total.

I note that I did fewer miles on fixed than I'd hoped. New Year Resolution, then.

Top Bottom