Why do many hate...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I like him. He is down to earth, not a polished media persona and I think that he's alright. He says what he thinks and not what people think that he should. I'm sure, like many very successful people, that he can be a right knob, but that's life. I don't suppose that he cares, one way or the other, as to what people think of him.

Oh fair play, yeah that's dumb. I assumed there was a technical flaw to it!
There is, as well as damaging that which comes into contact with the ground. You can't be sure the wheels are seated properly when you put them in like Mr Watchfinder is doing. He'll have to put the bike the right way up, loosen off the qr, shoogle the wheel a bit, then tighten up the qr before he can safely ride off. Also, negotiating the chain and derailleur for a back wheel is much easier and considerably less messy on the hands if the bike is the right way up.
Mr Watchfinder is clearly a rank amateur.

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
That's fine, but if he's not actually broken any rules I don't think it's fair to call him a cheat.

I think there were rules broken (there are no exceptions in the rules for preventative shots), but the UCI didn't correctly follow the rulebook (and I now suspect loads of TUEs are preventative).

He broke Sky's no-needles policy - not a rule as such, but why state such a policy if it's just lies?

I still don't mind him, but some of his 2012 press conferences on the tour are a bit lance-y.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I think there were rules broken (there are no exceptions in the rules for preventative shots), but the UCI didn't correctly follow the rulebook (and I now suspect loads of TUEs are preventative).

He broke Sky's no-needles policy - not a rule as such, but why state such a policy if it's just lies?

I still don't mind him, but some of his 2012 press conferences on the tour are a bit lance-y.
Lancy is my new favourite adjective.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I bet mr. wiggins sits at home weeping buckets of tears ,asking mrs wiggins "why do people hate me"......................then again probably not, eh.
I've shared a bar queue with Mrs Wiggins and she doesn't strike me as someone who would sugar a pill, especially if there's red wine involved.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
No upper body muscle tone (shakes head in dismay).
Weedy, stick-like arms are the new hench.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Successful Brit disliked by other Brits, how unusual.^_^
Like Mark Cavendish and Chris Froome you mean? And of course Steve Davis, Lewis Hamilton, Nick Faldo, Andy Murray and many others who have dared to become the best at what they do.

We prefer our plucky losers like Eddie the Eagle and our media friendly clowns like Frank Bruno.

Drago

Legendary Member
True, but Lance is an amateur in the cough medicine stakes compared to Bradley. "Cough, cough, give me my non performance enhancing steroid, amphetamine and rocket fuel based medicine please" before every race, and no one thought it strange.

Top Bottom