Why do people like you stop in front of people like me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Oh Pat - that saddens me to think an 'orrible cyclist has been mean to you. Do they not know who you are?! We need to invent switch-blade wheels :ninja:x
Actually ... no :blush:
No cyclist has ever been cruel to me (yet, ha, ha!).
I was referring to the term FABMAMIL, which I assume means fat and bald middle aged male in Lycra, used by Crankarm in post 53.

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
Maybe he finds cycling near sexy ladies uncomfortable :wub:

Especially if he was wearing overly revealing lycra shorts.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
the past few days have seen me sharing most of the route with one guy who thinks its a grand prix start from the lights ,by the time i move off and im clipped on hes already 10 yds ahead sprinting like a mad thing ,invariably once i get going i pass him and at the next set of lights he catches up and repeats the process ,,
he done this on fri and i asked him why ,his response "cos im faster than u"i just shook my head and said nothing

Love it..... :cycle:

Crankarm

Guru
I'm assuming that you doubt me. and that is your right,:headshake: as to turning pro, I'm knackered at the end of that. So unless the hold 9/14 mile road races with traffic lights where you can catch your breath I'll leave that to the rest of the armchair racers.

Happened to me, on my ride home from work, two young chaps on nice looking roadies, bullied passed me at the lights, and in to the front of the cycle area. I sat there, puffing and a blowing, I got the "look at that fat bastard" look. They looked kind of sad as I left them behind on the first slope we came to, when they had run out of gears to change down to. I am fat and my bike is old, but I average 16.8 to 20.2mph on my 9 1/4 mile ride home (with six sets of lights along the way) We should respect all on two wheels, from the fattest to the fittest and all points in between.

Simply deluded if you think you can actually average the speeds you claim commuting if you have to stop for traffic lights which means slowing down, stationary for a couple of minutes then getting going again when the lights change and on a hybrid as well .......................... Not to mention you being a bit fat by your own admission.

GrasB

Veteran
No GPS on my city hack, just a cheapish wired trip comp.I often have to wait 3-5 min for my Edge 500 to lock onto a signal at the offices.

tadpole

Simply deluded if you think you can actually average the speeds you claim commuting if you have to stop for traffic lights which means slowing down, stationary for a couple of minutes then getting going again when the lights change and on a hybrid as well .......................... Not to mention you being a bit fat by your own admission.

No you are right, 20.2mph is based on only two rides, did them both in 27.16 so not really real averages
Based on my top ten rides to work, my average time is 28 minutes.42 seconds (8.6 miles average measured, I’ve been cycling/driving the route for 4 years / 8 years) 17.9895mph
Based on my top ten rides to home, my average time is 28.minutes 1 second (9.2miles average measured) I’ve been cycling/driving the route for 4 years / 8 years) 19.7026mph
My best five rides to work are averaging out at 27.minutes 41 seconds 18.6393mph
My best five rides home are averaging out at 27.minutes 40 seconds 19.95mph.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I often enjoy a quick whistle at the person who tries to push infront of me at a supermarket, I just point to the back of the queue. They almost always look a little shame faced and sullen that they haven't got away with it. Waitrose and Sainsbury's just have a better quality of shopper since it only ever happens in Asda for me.
When I went to Iceland to get nothing more than a block of cheese at xmas time, not only did niether of the two fully laden trolly drivers in front of me not say "Oh, is that all you've got love, why don't you just pop through" but the person in front of me waved down a friend of theirs with yet another fully laden, in fact more than fully laden trolly, and said "Here, I saved you a place in the queue" . I muttered something like "oh great" to which she said to her friend "what's his problem" and then without any shame continued to send out her sprogs to further pack their trolly with yet more packets of the three main food groups i.e fat sugar and salt.
Scum has gone to Iceland.

Top Bottom