Why do people like you stop in front of people like me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
Happened to me, on my ride home from work, two young chaps on nice looking roadies, bullied passed me at the lights, and in to the front of the cycle area. I sat there, puffing and a blowing, I got the "look at that fat bastard" look. They looked kind of sad as I left them behind on the first slope we came to, when they had run out of gears to change down to. I am fat and my bike is old, but I average 16.8 to 20.2mph on my 9 1/4 mile ride home (with six sets of lights along the way) We should respect all on two wheels, from the fattest to the fittest and all points in between.

You should turn Pro now.

Crankarm

Guru
Sometimes I deliberately ride slow so I can get a lift. It works like this. Looking over your shoulder from time to time you spy a FABMAMIL busting a gut to catch you or student riding a Viking wearing flip flops which happened on wednesday. You reduce your cadence. The FABMAMIL/student creeps by you sweating like a sumo at a weight watchers class or the morning they are due to sit their finals. You notice he is on one of those hybrids/crappy road bike that is trying to look like a proper road bike. He then slots in in front of you, pedalling as if his other half has just caught him eyeing up the next door neighbour whose sunbathing topless. Anyway this FABMAMIL/student is busting a gut while you are riding in their slipstream, drafting them getting an easy tow for 10+ miles. In the last 400m fresh as a daisy you pull up on the pedals and cruise pastthem with a cheery "Thanks for the ride. See ya!".

The rule is you don't over take, you draft. Anything for an easy life.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
You might be right, when MissTillyFlop comes looking for me do me a favour, tell her I've emigrated :laugh:
tombstone.jpg

Maylian

Veteran
I assumed it meant automatic stop light, don't know why, just assumed it to be and never sought clarification for it :blush:

I've learnt something today, today is a good day :thumbsup:

Just be careful because it also means: age/sex/location in chat circles, so you might be getting a come on....although quite difficult to confuse the two given the scenario.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
(...) you spy a FABMAMIL busting a gut to catch you (.....) You notice he is on one of those hybrids/crappy road bike that is trying to look like a proper road bike. (....) FABMAMIL/student (....)

Well, then: there is a "people like you" and a "people like me" cycling thingmy, it seems, just like in other circles of life.
The guy in the OP must have been thinking aloud, how rude of him.
Wish him a roundabout filled with black taxis :thumbsdown:

Top Bottom