Why Do People With Black Bikes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
...never clean them? And don't say you do because all the ones I've ever seen are filthy. People with matt black are the worst, they look like they've used them to tow a plough.

You might think no-one notices because black hides the gunge, but we do, oh yes we do. So stop wasting time on internet forums and get out there with a bucket of soapy water and a sponge.

Stop looking at my black bike.

subaqua

What’s the point
...never clean them? And don't say you do because all the ones I've ever seen are filthy. People with matt black are the worst, they look like they've used them to tow a plough.

You might think no-one notices because black hides the gunge, but we do, oh yes we do. So stop wasting time on internet forums and get out there with a bucket of soapy water and a sponge.
Because we are too busy riding them !

And mine is usually very clean but I have been tardy lately.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
If it's anything like mine then it didn't actually start life as a black bike :blush:

byegad

Legendary Member
My Kettwiesel is dark Grey and has never been washed. I'll get round to it after I clean the QNT, the Trail doesn't need it yet as it's only 4 years old!

Globalti

Legendary Member
All black bikes are dirty? Black is the worst colour for showing dirt.

<<<<< Seen my avatar?

RoubaixSL4BBshot_zps7803a52c.jpg

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
upload_2015-3-25_17-40-31.png

upload_2015-3-25_17-42-15.png

upload_2015-3-25_17-43-4.png

I bet it hasn't seen any soapy water in at least 3 years. I pointed a garden hose at it, maybe last summer or the one before, after a particularly wet, gritty run along the TPT.
And I'll tell you a secret, it doesn't make it any slower or less reliable than if it were kept sparkling clean. It is still perfectly well maintained. :okay:

Top Bottom